[SOLVED] Budget streaming,gaming rig

akriosss

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2013
PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sx9hYg

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($199.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 ATX AM4 Motherboard ($114.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 CL15 Memory ($156.99 @ Walmart)
Storage: Silicon Power Slim S80 960 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 5600 XT 6 GB MECH OC Video Card ($499.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Deepcool MATREXX 55 ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ B&H)
Power Supply: Deepcool 750 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply
Total: $1031.95
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-01-05 15:20 EST-0500

Hi guys what you think about this build,any changes?In my country this build cost 1200$

Reactions: Why_Me
Solution
It's fine. The ssd is likely dramless, so it will be slower, but if one doesn't use it for intensive workloads/file transfers, it'll be fine.
The system will only consume ~350w. If you want to save a few bucks, you can get a 550w psu.....unless you plan on getting a rtx 3080/rx6800xt down the line.
It's fine. The ssd is likely dramless, so it will be slower, but if one doesn't use it for intensive workloads/file transfers, it'll be fine.
The system will only consume ~350w. If you want to save a few bucks, you can get a 550w psu.....unless you plan on getting a rtx 3080/rx6800xt down the line.

Solution

akriosss

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2013
Ye in plans upgrade 3070-3080 and 8-16 core cpu.Maby this MOBO will be better GIGABYTE B550M AORUS Elite ?

Ye in plans upgrade 3070-3080 and 8-16 core cpu.Maby this MOBO will be better GIGABYTE B550M AORUS Elite ?
Since you do plan on a gpu upgrade, could you list the exact psu model? Most of deepcools psu's aren't that great unless one gets them for very cheap.

AFAIK, all b550 boards are capable of handling a 16 core without issue, save for the cheapest of them. But I do believe the vrm arrangement on the elite is better than on the asrock, so if you can opt for that, I would. Should also be noted that the b550m stands for m-atx, which is smaller than the atx of the phatom.

Jan 2, 2021
I would recommend getting an SSD for all your games/programs/operating system stuff, and a bigger SSD for all your recordings and for file storage. If you want, the larger storage could be an HDD, saving you some money. I don't know much about hardware, but I do know that full drives (or near full drives) run more slowly, so getting a drive specifically for all your programs and your operating system and separating your larger files and recordings will ensure that your system will run faster for longer.

If you don't plan on recording and only plan on streaming (and if you don't plan on making stream highlights or anything like that), then you can probably forgo this. If you did only want to stream, you could also probably download your stream from the streaming website if you wanted to make stream highlights.

akriosss

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2013
Since you do plan on a gpu upgrade, could you list the exact psu model? Most of deepcools psu's aren't that great unless one gets them for very cheap.

AFAIK, all b550 boards are capable of handling a 16 core without issue, save for the cheapest of them. But I do believe the vrm arrangement on the elite is better than on the asrock, so if you can opt for that, I would. Should also be noted that the b550m stands for m-atx, which is smaller than the atx of the phatom.
https://nanoteh.md/en/7135/32730

Yeah, it's fine. It's just a cwt gps afaik, which is an ok budget unit. The capacitor quality is a bit lacking(85°C Elite main cap, 85°C blend of manufacturers secondary caps), so durability won't likely be great. At near full load, coil whine will be an increased likelihood as well. I wouldn't pair it with a 3080, maybe a 3070 to keep coil whine down, but that's just my personal opinion.

Unfortunately, you really don't have much better options. :(

Yeah, it's fine. It's just a cwt gps afaik, which is an ok budget unit. The capacitor quality is a bit lacking(85°C Elite main cap, 85°C blend of manufacturers secondary caps), so durability won't likely be great. At near full load, coil whine will be an increased likelihood as well. I wouldn't pair it with a 3080, maybe a 3070 to keep coil whine down, but that's just my personal opinion.

Unfortunately, you really don't have much better options. :(
The site the OP linked sells NXZT and Seasonic psu's.