[SOLVED] Budget unlocked LGA 1150 motherboard???

Dec 19, 2020
Hi, this is my first ever post and Im looking for an unlocked motherboard for my i5 4690k (budget optiplex build), a used motherboard is perfectly fine to me since Im a man of tight budget. Gib me link if you find any good deals :D NOTE: the motherboard must be matx or smaller, I already have a chunky air cooler for it.

Solution
B85 does not permit overclocking.
You want a Z97 chipset motherboard to allow overclocking.
They sell for crazy prices, but are reasonable on ebay.
Use due diligence to read the offering carefully and not buy one for parts only.

Viorala

Reputable
May 20, 2019
I bought a Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H motherboard off of eBay and it didn't work, seller was unresponsive and I didn't push it. If I had, I think it would've worked in my favor because sellers complain about their policies but honestly it might have been my particular setup as to why it didn't work, it's for a second pc with old components. I'm just pissy about her not refunding the shipping cost because it took a month or so to get to me. Y'know, it's the principle of the thing.

So, I just bought a Refurbished: GIGABYTE GA-B85M-DS3H from Alex Computers on Newegg. They're U.S. based and it got here in two days. I can't tell you how great it is because I'm waiting for some other parts to show up, U.S. mail service is quite buggy this year, but I've had a problem with a seller thru Newegg in the past and Newegg handled all of it to my satisfaction so I'm not worried.

Anyway, both those boards are suitable for your cpu. I know there are more Gigabyte boards on both, probably ASUS and MSI too. There are more sellers on Newegg and they're cheaper but they're also based in China and would take forever to get here. Both of the motherboards I mentioned cost around $100.

TRENDING THREADS