SageSennin

Commendable
Jul 2, 2016
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67GHz 44 °C
Bloomfield 45nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 534MHz (7-7-7-18)
Motherboard
MSI MSI X58 Pro-E (MS-7522) (CPU 1) 40 °C
Graphics
M43-C1 (1920x1080@60Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 (EVGA) 28 °C
Storage
1863GB Seagate ST2000DX001-1NS164 ATA Device (SATA) 29 °C
14GB Generic- SD/MMC USB Device (USB)
Optical Drives
ATAPI DVD A DH24AAS ATA Device

. I would like to as cheaply as possible get a new processor to get better frames on ARMA 3 and of course a new MB/ Case. I am going to fully upgrade next year but i need something now and don't have very much expendable cash. Any recommends on a cheap easy set up for a virgin PC builder? Oh and that cooler needs to go but i will probably use the stock cooler with the processor. I don't plan on spending the money to O/C

my rig is a mess http://imgur.com/a/i5Wpv

Solution
if your going to replace a failing pc. wait a few weeks for the newer 200 ser intel mb and kurby cpu. pick up a g level 50.00 chip that you can keep as a spare cpu. when you have the funds then go for the i5 or i7 cpu. if your goingto over clock or sli/crossfire when you have the funds then go with a z200 chipset mb. if your not going to overclock or use two gpu go with the h/b chipset mb. and 8g ddr4 stick is under 30.00. when you have the money pick up a 2x stick so any mb you have will run in duel channel mode. depending on the model and age of your power supply if it not haswell supported unit you may need to get a newer power supply first with the newer case. on the newer gaming cases get one with the platistic hard drive bays that...

Andy0432

Honorable
Apr 9, 2014
Well I think smorizio means that if you were going to upgrade the CPU Mobo and case now, when you do your "full upgrade" as you said, you would have to replace the CPU, Motherboard and Possibly Case thus wasting the money spent on the small upgrade now.

SageSennin

Commendable
Jul 2, 2016

It's only till the end of the years i know but as i said and as my pictures show my rig is falling apart. I just want a cheap 200-400 hold me over solution until I save for the better hardware. something that is worth replacing my i7 920 with that will get me better frames in arma. i only say motherboard because i am sure nothing will be compatible and I only say case because it is butchered lol

if your going to replace a failing pc. wait a few weeks for the newer 200 ser intel mb and kurby cpu. pick up a g level 50.00 chip that you can keep as a spare cpu. when you have the funds then go for the i5 or i7 cpu. if your goingto over clock or sli/crossfire when you have the funds then go with a z200 chipset mb. if your not going to overclock or use two gpu go with the h/b chipset mb. and 8g ddr4 stick is under 30.00. when you have the money pick up a 2x stick so any mb you have will run in duel channel mode. depending on the model and age of your power supply if it not haswell supported unit you may need to get a newer power supply first with the newer case. on the newer gaming cases get one with the platistic hard drive bays that point out and linke the cosiar cases there a space for long gpu and open top for heat. a lot of the newer case dont come with cd rom bays now.

Solution

SageSennin

Commendable
Jul 2, 2016

I was looking at the i3 4150. yea, it can't be overclocked and it's only 3.5 but it's skylake and I thought that sticking with the and the new MB could work for awhile until next tax season and even if it's not maybe i can use the same MB since it's skylake and upgrade then?

SageSennin

Commendable
Jul 2, 2016

I was looking at the i3 4150. yea, it can't be overclocked and it's only 3.5 but it's skylake and I thought that sticking with the and the new MB could work for awhile until next tax season and even if it's not maybe i can use the same MB since it's skylake and upgrade then?

SageSennin

Commendable
Jul 2, 2016

Sorry, I have not heard about this. Are they already moving past Skylake? I am not aware of something new coming from Intel in a few weeks