[SOLVED] budget upgrade

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zealious

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
Idk about vastly. I still can get descent FPS with core 2 duo chips and I think that’s the same era .

I mean for a 6 core cpu mobo combo that’s awesome price . What’s ur geekbench scores ?

Found some interesting info about 2080’s

Oh do you think the new amd cards will drop Vega prices ? My goals are this find a defective 2080 for around 100$ , just found out they had a batch of bad memmory . U can fix the issue with slowing memory clock . And possibly try to warranty the card out .

Next would be just trying to get a steal on a used 1080 or Vega 64 for around 250

Then if neither of those work out rx580 will be 100$ And I will have to settle for 1080 gaming

maxamillionfeettall

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2011
vega 56 was already price dropped to $280,but they sell out fast. The amd navi cards should release in july rx3xxx series. The prices are said to be pretty good, but who knows.

Yes, you can get decent fps with any system, with an appropriate gpu, but at a certain point that gpu will give much better results with a better cpu. With my rig, a 1070 would be the absolute highest, and that may require a tad faster cpu, say a xeon x5680, but my psu is old and weak, so i'll refrain.

But it is definitely vastly inferior, geekbench single: 2608 , multi:12203