Buffalo Unleashes USB 3.0 Blu-ray Burner

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunflier

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
(or chucking out the current lame DVD burner)
"lame"?? What?!

I still burn DVD's and their cheap too.

No plans to purchasing blu-ray burner/reader anytime soon. Plus they cost hundreds of dollars. Who's "lame" now?

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
Sounds nice, but where can people get the Bluray-R that can take 12x speed?
It is great that there are starting to have USB3.0 on the market. Now I just need to wait till everything gets much more popular and cheaper.

Anyway, this burner is almost useless for most of the people. However it is defintely a good start.

mr_tuel

Distinguished
May 23, 2009
[citation][nom]redgarl[/nom]The prices of hard drives have fallen to a level were DVDs are less and less a viable option. I didn't burned anything in months...[/citation]

No kidding, I stick to my 8gb thumb drive or my portable hdd...much easier to work with.

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
This is so not worth the money. Blu-Ray burners are just a bad option for PC users. Specially an external one at the price of 453$. Without including delivery costs and IF thats a price for consumers. With 453$ I can buy me a very sweet ass SATAII internall HDD. And have spare money as well. And if you include the money you have to spend to reach the ammount of GBs from the same priced HDD into BR discs to same ammount of capacity the cost skyrockets by the disc. Screw Blu-Ray burners.

PLATTERMAN

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
For that money i can buy 4 WD Caviar 1TB internals and create all the Blu-ray movie files i want. I can't ever see the need for a Blu-ray burner for myself I just play the files on my 40" HDTV. The only thing i can't do is get the DTS audio stream to my home theater audio system no HDMI on my A/V preamp. Is there a work around for this? Maybe if the blanks were the price of dvd blanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.