First there is my setup

R5 3600 with aio
rtx 2070 ventus
16gb 3000mhz ram
aorus b450 elite motherboard
corsair rm650x psu
kingston a2000 nvme ssd
aoc c27g1 144hz freesync monitor

My problem is that in last 2 moths(it happened 4 times) my pc randomly restarts when im browsing web or playing games, it just freezes i hear voices on discord and just restarts, or it just freezes and restarts(without voicess of my friends on discord) after this i go to event viewer and i get kernel power 41 error and 2types of bug check codes one is 307 and other is 278, i found out that 278 is something with drivers so i reinstalled them trought ddu but it doesnt help aaand i didnt found what is 307 code. Is there any possible fix or something? Im asking because ive got problem with freesync too, it flickers a lot and i reclaim the monitor but problem still presists so it possibly can be something with GPU.

btw. my setup is 8 months old and ive got no problems with fps or performance problems, only bad freesync and this bug check codes

edit: in some games i have half vsync turned on(locked on 72fps, half of refresh rate because my freesync isnt working) and gpu usage is about 70% but when this freeze came it goes to 100% in a sec.(i was playing forza horizon 4 now and i have opened hw monitor on second monitor, that is how i find out, btw all tempatures are good)

Thanks for any help and answers.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

svat

Prominent
Aug 18, 2020
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem
Hello, thanks for answer but when i try to copy that to site so u can see it it says acces denied, i cant even open that file. btw im logged as administrator

Last edited:

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/st916Lf7/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:081920-17046-01.dmp (Aug 18 2020 - 22:58:37)
Bugcheck:DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 4 Hour(s), 54 Min(s), and 05 Sec(s)
The nvlddmkm.sys file is a NVIDIA graphics card driver. There are a few things you can do to fix this problem. First off, try a full uninstall using DDU in Safe Mode then re-install the driver (more information). Or try getting the latest version of the driver. Or try one of the 3 most recent drivers released by NVIDIA. Drivers can be found here: http://www.nvidia.com/ or you can allow Windows Update to download the driver for you, which might be a older/better version.

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-ELITE-rev-10#kf
There is a BIOS update available for your system. You are using version F41 and the latest is F52. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
i thought recommended PSU for a 2070 was a 750 watt.

You could try running DDU again and instead of getting drivers direct from Nvidia, run windows update and let Microsoft install the drivers they have from Nvidia. Might not be newest but they work.

Can you upload the minidumps for each crash so we can help?

Hello,

Due to the nature of the crash, a kernel dump will be required. Please upload the memory.dmp file in C:\Windows\MEMORY.dmp to the site you used to upload the minidump, or any other similar site if you prefer, and post a share link.

svat

Prominent
Aug 18, 2020
i thought recommended PSU for a 2070 was a 750 watt.

You could try running DDU again and instead of getting drivers direct from Nvidia, run windows update and let Microsoft install the drivers they have from Nvidia. Might not be newest but they work.

Can you upload the minidumps for each crash so we can help?
I will send the minidumps, btw my PSU is not even going on 50%(because from 50% i would hear the cooling of psu)

Edit: i have only one minidump in minidump folder, ive already send it in some of comments.

svat

Prominent
Aug 18, 2020
I believe it's from Ralink?

You'll need to visit the support page of the vendor of the adapter and check for driver updates.
It is some really old Canon USB adapter, here is what is typing on adapter: Canon 150n wireless lan usb adapter, but i didnt find nothing about this model, it is so old.

They're old indeed, what I saw was a driver from your USB adapter from 2015, but a few months before Windows 10 was officially released. That means that it officially does not support Windows 10, which does not automatically mean it won't work, though.

Given the age, I would suggest that you find a replacement for the USB adapter if you need a USB network adapter. You could consider trying to reinstall the drivers via device manager, but that at best just delays the next problems.

svat

Prominent
Aug 18, 2020
They're old indeed, what I saw was a driver from your USB adapter from 2015, but a few months before Windows 10 was officially released. That means that it officially does not support Windows 10, which does not automatically mean it won't work, though.

Given the age, I would suggest that you find a replacement for the USB adapter if you need a USB network adapter. You could consider trying to reinstall the drivers via device manager, but that at best just delays the next problems.
Thanks, if that is a problem im going to buy a internet cable. i have a question, is this a real problem? because bug check codes says its something with gpu drivers. I already tried to reinstall them and wait for windows to update drivers and now i have 432.00 driver and its not working, like its not working with any drivers, i tried the newest after newest i tried 451.48 and now i have driver that windows install(432.00) what can be problem? When im playing games wich arent on high gpu load like league of legends its working normally but when i play forza horizon 4, gta 5,e rainbow six siege my pc just crashes like i said in topic.

The reason I asked for a kernel dump is that what you saw is just a part of it, but not the complete part.

The bugcheck is DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, DPC = deferred procedure call, i.e. delaying a task for later. The bugcheck implies that a driver took too long to complete the task, but here comes the tricky part.

This crash has 2 known variants.
  • the first one happens when only 1 task (DPC) takes too long
  • the second one happens when multiple DPCs are accumulatively taking too long.

In the latter, it means that one or more drivers, usually more, are taking too long to finish something. In your case, it is the second variant. Commonly used tools such as Bluescreen viewer and WhoCrashed use minidump files to determine the crash, but when it comes to the second variant minidumps do not have enough information in them to identify all drivers. That is why I requested a kernel dump.

Yes, the NVIDIA display driver did cause issues, but there are more drivers involved like the USB network adapter drivers that cause the crashes.

svat

Prominent
Aug 18, 2020
Thanks for help, now what about second bug check code, Bugcheck 278 = 0x116 = VIDEO_TDR_ERROR - "This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed." I was trying every possible fix to fix this problem but nothing worked i find out that this bug check is only about gpu drivers what should be bad there?

The 0x116 indicates the graphical drivers didn't respond and failed to be reset, however, the reason for that to happen can go beyond the graphical unit.

Possible causes for the 0x116 include
  • RAM
  • Motherboard
  • GPU
  • PSU

Like with the 0x133, more information is needed to get a possible cause. Please download and run https://www.sysnative.com/forums/pages/bsodcollectionapp/ , a log collector tool that not only collects dump files but other log files as well that may be needed to better look into the crashes. Once the tool is finished it will have created a zip file, upload this zip file to wetransfer and post a share link.

Status
Not open for further replies.