Jun 8, 2019
Just built a PC for the first time.. so this could just me being an idiot and not knowing what I'm doing, but I've searched all over for an answer and I can't find one or fix this issue myself.

I'm trying to install Windows 10 (64bit) via a USB (initially the drive sent by windows, later a drive I made myself to eliminate the possibility of being sent a faulty drive)

It gets through the entire process (supposedly) and reboots to run windows, leading me to a blue screen with "BUGCODE NDIS DRIVER" as the error message and that's that.

I've tried booting to a different drive in my system, with and without any other drives present. I've tried installing it from a different flash drive. I had initially not updated the BIOS, but I managed to do that and it still didn't make any difference. (All install attempts being clean installs) And I tried in both UEFI and Legacy

I really am stuck so any help would be appreciated, even Microsoft and ASUS weren't able to help me (the people I talked to anyways)

Parts:

ASUS ROG Rampage VI Omega X299
Intel Core i9 9940X
Intel Optane 905P 960GB
Samsung 970 Pro M.2 1TB
32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z Royal DDR4 4266MHz
EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW Hybrid
ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 AIO

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Jun 8, 2019
Yes I wasn't attached to the internet while I was trying to and I did update the BIOS for the motherboard.

I actually ended up getting it to work.. still no idea what the actual issue was, but after I posted that I came across a guy here who had the same issue with different hardware (but some overlap) and he just installed an older iso of windows 10 to get it to work.

I tried that and it worked like a charm. I'm sure I'll have to solve whatever it is before upgrading my windows, but for now at least it's running.