Bxzza

Commendable
Apr 23, 2021
just finished a session of gaming and proceeded to hit the “update and restart” button, after updating it proceeded to hit me with the BSOD saying “PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA” but didn’t give me any other error code or anything, literally only that, scanned the QR code, no help, it hits me with this same blue screen multiple times then proceeds to finally boot, got in, checked my event viewer, no critical or error notices, literally baffled on what i can do to fix this, any help would be greatly appreciated

Ralston18

Titan
My thought is a buggy or corrupted update.

What specific "update and restart" button?

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

PSU: make, model, wattage, age condition?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

= = = =

First, if possible, backup all important data at least 2 x to different locations off of the current host computer. Verify that the backups are recoverable and readable.

Second, check Update History - any problem updates listed there?

Third, also look in Reliability History for other error codes, warnings, or even informational events.

As for immediate actions:

1) Run the built-in Windows Troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

2) Try "sfc /scannow" and "dism"

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

How to use DISM command tool to repair Windows 10 image | Windows Central

Bxzza

Commendable
Apr 23, 2021
i tried all the commands and nothing came up, i found out what it was i think, the two most recent windows updates i got was a “windows security update” and “windows update” i uninstalled both and it seems to be working now

TRENDING THREADS