buiding pc for home use

ahmadsabry

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
hello everyone ;
can any one give me an advise how can i build pc for around 500$ just for the case & its components knowing that i use computer for regular surfing web , heavy downloading "let pc on nearly half the day ", use some programs like c++ and stuff like that , could play sometimes " if i could play NFS most wanted 2012 will be great " and if my studies requires more stuff i will OC the cpu

Solution
prices vary by region. what country are we talking about?

until you specify i will assume usa.

in most cases the i5-4670k is $239 and the fx-8320 is $159. i've seen the fxd drop to around $135 though. we are talking about a $180 difference in price from most retailers which is fairly significant. also you need to take into account what motherboards cost.

for $600 you can put together a pretty solid gaming level pc. perhaps not high end but your needs arent high end. you will be able to max out most games of the level you want (though you wont be making out any titles like battlefield 4).

generally going amd for budgets below a certain figure means you can use a stronger graphics card or perhaps go for optional features like ssd...
do you need an OS or do you have one?
do you have any components you could be re-using?

you have two three routes:

-go with a fm2 amd motherboard and an amd apu like an a10-7850 (or another one in the series)
pro: cheap (depending on apu model), effective for surfing, downloading, other office tasks
cons: can handle games like bioshock on 1024x768 @ low @60fps but isnt going to be doing any high res high setting gaming

(i suppose you could go intel integrated build as well however onboard graphics on intel chips are absolutely horrible so you will not be able to game at all unlike if you used the amd apus like i mentioned above)

-go with the above (and perhaps a cheaper apu chip) and then dual-graphics pair it with an amd graphics card
pro: similar to above. better graphics performance due to dual-graphics
cons: is a bit more expensive, dual graphics while not bad isnt as future proof as an option

-go with a am3+ amd motherboard with a fx6300 or fx8320 and pair it up with the best gpu you can fit with the rest of the budget
pro: good budget cpu which doesnt need to deal with onboard graphics processing so isnt hobbled.
cons: with only a $500 budget you arent going to fit a powerful graphics card in this system. it might even get less performance than a good apu however if you can manage to fit a half decent graphics card in (perhaps bumping budgets up a bit) it will be superior

ahmadsabry

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
thanks very much u helped me alot but can u explain difference between amd and intel more; please " for normal uses as i mentioned above " ?

for amd i will have to break it up since there are two product lines.

amd apu (like the a8,a10):
amd apus combine a cpu (processor) with a gpu (graphics) in one package. the onboard graphics processing is actually fairly good considering its integrated on chip however falls far short of what actual seperate video cards can do. the higher end the apu the better onboard graphics they pair it with (a10 beats a8 for example). the cpu performance is noticibly below that of intel chips however is still a 4 core so isnt terrible and can definitely manage for office work.

amd cpu (like the fx-6300,fx-8320):
this is a cpu only without any graphics options. this means you need a video card. the 6350 is a 6 core model and the 8320 is a 8 core model. performance is less than a i5-4670 however if you want to overclock a good fx cpu + motherboard combination is $100-150 less than a i5-4670k + z87 motherboard. the amd chips can be overclocked to get into the i5 range of performance for cheaper (though of course if you overclocked an i5 it would pull away in performance again).

intel (like the i5-4670k)
similar to the amd apu intel chips feature a cpu with a gpu on chip in one package. however, intel onboard graphics are much much weaker. the cpu however is more powerful. even though the setup would cost more for an overclockable cpu + motherboard in the end graphics performance is going to drag you down unless you bought a seperate video card (which adds more money to the build... and brings to question why wouldnt you just go amd fx and buy a better video card than you would with intel in your budget?)

in short:

-intel products are more powerful from a cpu standpoint
-intel products are also much more expensive than amd
-amd apus are better at graphics than intel cpus though a seperate video card beats both out easily (once you get above a certain price point)

best value:

-fx cpu paired with a good gpu (if you o/c you can get i5 performance combined with good graphics for honestly not that much more than the i5 system would cost you up front

-amd apu paired with a gpu on its dual-graphics compatibility chart. the cpu isnt quite up to snuff with the 6350 or 8320 however graphics performance is boosted over the original chip only. it may be a little cheaper than going fx+video card however in the long run its really not that upgradeable and future performance is going to be less. it makes sense in certain scenarios but if you can manage the cash i'd go fx+video card over this.

--------------------

while intel holds the title of king for cpus the price is also hefty. for a budget build where you need some sort of graphics performance it really doesnt make sense. if you were going to use it just for schoolwork or coding then intel would be viable (though i'd still mention amd since you could fit more in on budget) but when you mention gaming on that budget it throws the idea out of the window.

what the biggest factor is would be maximum budget. is $500 your absolute max or could it be stretched a bit if you could jump up in performance noticibly?

ahmadsabry

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
thanks for your Following up ; if i will get a good jump for performance that can lasts with me 2-3 years for this regular use i can up the budget to 600$ for the case but i don't want to get something i wont use its best ! " i dont play games now but i still love nfs mw" what i want the least pc can handle with me a good time with high performance ... i searched for amd & intel i found the i5-4670k nearly close in price to fx-8350 went for better many websites confusing me one say thats better other say the opposite ........ but many websites and answering from people say that for amd low price u will gat higher board price than intel to go oc ? which makes the two choices around equal for money ...... will i go for i3-4th gen. or it will be better for extra bucks for best pc can afford ? and i really wont a quiet cooling system so what fits for your recommendation ???? i really want to thanks u more as u helped alot

prices vary by region. what country are we talking about?

until you specify i will assume usa.

in most cases the i5-4670k is $239 and the fx-8320 is $159. i've seen the fxd drop to around $135 though. we are talking about a $180 difference in price from most retailers which is fairly significant. also you need to take into account what motherboards cost.

for $600 you can put together a pretty solid gaming level pc. perhaps not high end but your needs arent high end. you will be able to max out most games of the level you want (though you wont be making out any titles like battlefield 4).

generally going amd for budgets below a certain figure means you can use a stronger graphics card or perhaps go for optional features like ssd drives which would not be in budget if you went with intel. you could get off cheaper going amd however generally it would be recommended to push the cash into a better graphics card which drives the price up closer to an i5 build (but consider the i5 build would have crappy graphics for bad performance in games) so it would be superior to the i5 build at least in that regard.

an i3 is rather weak. it might be able to work however i wouldnt suggest it. generally an i5 level (or at least an amd fx-6300) is recommended for gaming (a fx-8320 is suggested though).

if you want quiet then you want large fans running at slow rpm as well as a large cpu cooler. you also want an aftermarket gpu design with 2 or 3 fans.

sorry for the late reply but due to the recent ice storm we were without power for 4-5 days... a whole lot of fun that was....

Solution

TRENDING THREADS