roy james

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
hola and hello! :) i am anew member here :) this is the first time i posted here...i just want to ask some opinions from the senior members. :) i want to build a low budget pc which is mainly used for surfing the internet and payed some new games...i have decided to buy o buy a ecs mcp61m-m3 v7.1 mobo,AMD sempron 145 cpu,msi N210 1GB DDR3 graphic card and 4 gb or ram,450 watt psu and 500gb of hard disk....i wanted to buy AMD phenom cpu later and upgrade it bits by bits..guys,do you think my hardware configuration is ok?can i play games like need for speed shift unleashed and DIRT3 with good graphic setting?kindly post your wise opinions here... :) and i appreciated it very3 much.... :)

Solution
g620 at 173 (i3-2100 is only 30% faster than this in multithreading and only 20percent in single threaded, but costs double)
(also g620 is around 180percent faster than that sempron, so in my choice g620 is giving best bang for your money and also no need to upgrade it for awhile)
http://ark.intel.com/products/53480/Intel-Pentium-Processor-G620-(3M-Cache-2_60-GHz)
with ecsH61H2-M3 at 163
www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Product/Product_Detail.aspx?DetailID=1218&CategoryID=1&MenuID=103&LanID=0
equals 338
and its inbuild gpu is able to handle nfsmw,nfs underground, hot persuit at high settings, and mw2,mw3,burnout paradise at low settings.
Here are some gameresults with g620 without a gfx card...

roy james

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
i live in malaysia..it is hard to find good stuff here and the stuff here is too expensive compared to the other countries..i already have that stuff..i have a logitech mouse,speakers and keyboards..i also have samsung 15 inch lcd..the only thing that i do not have is a cpu..and that is the only thing that i want to build..i do not know how much the budget since i do not know how many dollars for my currencies here..the only thing that i knew is the name and the model of the hardware that i wanted to buy..is it my hardware that i choose is good?i know some of the stuff that i choose is a low quality parts..but i do not mind because i just want to use it for a short time...can you help me out here?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
If your budget can handle it, I would recommend at least a dual core processor for gaming. The Nvidia 210 is a very weak card for gaming at anything but very low resolutions and little eye candy. If possible, look into a card that has 1GB memory and at least the equivalent of a GT 440 or HD 5550. On a 15" monitor (1024x768?) you will be good.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html

roy james

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
i only have a very limited budget..it is only about 600 ringgit Malaysia(RM).. :ange: this pc will be mainly used to surf the web and just to do a little bits of documentation..but,i also want to play some new LIKE dirt3 g with a medium settings..i am not a hardcore gamer..i will play it just for fun and not seriously..because the MAIN AIM for me to build this pc is only for documentation and web surfing... :) this is the pricelist...http://www.digitalmall.com.my/getfile.proc.php?getfile_type=tenant_download&file_id=921
from the price list,i want these parts:
AMD sempron 145 cpu,
ECS MCP6IM-M3V71 mobo,
MSI N210 1GB DDR3 GPU,
I have bought 2GB of DDR3 ram..
will this parts suit my need and desire?
price for all that part that i chose is only cost RM 371 malaysia ringgit..i knew that all that stuff that i chose i alow quality parts...but i do not mind because i will be using this pc for a short time..about 6 months before a new ones arrived..for the cpu,i will upgrade it to ATHLON x2 cpu..but,i will upgared it bits by bits within that six months..so?anyone has opinions? :)

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
The system you listed will be perfectly good for all basic computing and web surfing. Not a problem. Only 2GB of memory will mean a lot of off loading to disk when doing more than one task, but will be OK if you don't mind the wait.

If your monitor resolution is only 1024x768, then the N210 and the lowly Sempron might run today's games at low/mid specs with satisfactory frame rates. But, yes, upgrade to an Athlon dual core and a bit more graphics card when you can.

mahroofali

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
As you stated that you are planning to play some new games,(and even.if you.are not going to)I would recommend not to go for an old and very low end CPU.When you upgrade,you may have to put the old parts aside. So,I recommend to choose a newer generation(need not be a high-end one)CPU and stick to on-die graphics. And in the future,when you plan to upgrade,you can buy a dedicated graphics card. And if you run out of money,do some sacrifices such as opting less storage and RAM,as you can use them along side when you upgrade in the future. And for your budget,simply tell the maximum amount that you can pay for your build.(consider that $1 is approximately 3 malaysian ringgits)

truegenius

Distinguished
BANNED
sempron is not for gaming.
And that card is also bad for games that you have listed even at low resolution and low settings.
Dirt3 use dx11 and thus will refuse to run on n210 gpu as it only support upto dx10.

Instead of going through a series of upgradation of , better way is to buy a good cpu+mobo kit now and gpu in future.

roy james

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
i have found that my screen resolutions is 1280 x 1024..not 1024 x 768..how about this card,HD5450 from sapphire....or the HD6450 from Gigabyte..which one is better?can it suit to that ECS mobo/will it run good with that sempron cpu?i will overclock that cpu because from what i see on the internet,if the sempron cpu is overclock,it wll perform like ATHLON x2 cpu..can you guys give an opinion about this?can it run DIRT3 and nfs shift unleaseashed with medium settings? :pt1cable:

roy james

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
and one more,i have many IDE hard disk and DVD reader..i think i will be a waste if i am not going to use it..can i use that IDE hard disk?i know that my new system will use SATa...I have found a converter that can turn IDE to SATA...can i use it?and what is the good wattages for me to use?i do not want to spend alot of money to this pc because i only will be using it for a short time..hope you guys can give some opinions...

truegenius

Distinguished
BANNED
you will get 10fps or less with that cpu+gpu.
I played nfs shift on a cpu with 2times the performance than that sempron and with a gpu having 10x performance than that card and i got only around 30fps.

Ok tell us how much is your budget for gpu+cpu+ram+motherboard?

truegenius

Distinguished
BANNED
g620 at 173 (i3-2100 is only 30% faster than this in multithreading and only 20percent in single threaded, but costs double)
(also g620 is around 180percent faster than that sempron, so in my choice g620 is giving best bang for your money and also no need to upgrade it for awhile)
http://ark.intel.com/products/53480/Intel-Pentium-Processor-G620-(3M-Cache-2_60-GHz)
with ecsH61H2-M3 at 163
www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Product/Product_Detail.aspx?DetailID=1218&CategoryID=1&MenuID=103&LanID=0
equals 338
and its inbuild gpu is able to handle nfsmw,nfs underground, hot persuit at high settings, and mw2,mw3,burnout paradise at low settings.
Here are some gameresults with g620 without a gfx card.
www.forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/pentium-g620-mini-benchmark-~~~-3256194.html
and wait for new gpus as they will use less power and thus no need to buy a heavy duty psu.
What ya say!?

Solution

cmi86

Distinguished
US $99.99-Phenom 960T has about 80% chance of unlocking to 6 core
US-$50-100 take your pick of a decent AM3+ motherboard for future compatibility
US-$110.00 Radeon 7750 GPU

This rig will SMOKE a dual core with onboard graphics set-up (for less $$ :)

roy james

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
wow! :na: this is awesome!and its cheap too! :sarcastic: i can use this integrated graphic for a while!but,one question..this cpu will outperform athlon x2 right? but the mhz is 2.6 mhz..can it pass through the athlon x2 that is 3.0 mhz?if i overclock it,what is the highest mhz that i can get from it?man... i am so excited to buy that stuff you recommend to me right now! :D

roy james

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
thanks for your opinions man! :) but i am using intel cpu because i think it is more reliable than amd....i appreciate your opinions very2 much! :) i hope you have a nice day with your family and kids man! :) thanks for sharing your opinions! :)

truegenius

Distinguished
BANNED

btw, i am a kid too
:)

roy james

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
hello! :hello: there is one last question that i want to ask....about the psu..can 430 watt psu capable of this harware configuration?just for a while...hope you can reply to me..anyway,thanks a lot! :)

truegenius

Distinguished
BANNED
since you are not using a graphics card now, so even a 200w psu is enough. And with a gpu like hd7750 a 250-300w psu is enough.
So definately your current psu is enough. You only need around 10A on 12v now and 15-20A with a gpu like hd7750.

roy james

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
hi!i want to ask something!my friend want to sell to me this gpu..NVIDIA GEFORCE MSI 210GT 1gb ddr3 64 bit....he selling this gpu very3 cheap..so,i want to ask..is it good for me to use?will my graphic increase?but,from what i knew,this card is not really good..it will only bottleneck my cpu..that is what i think..can i get your wise opinions?anyone?