• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Build Advice Build Advice/Suggestions for new Autodesk Fusion 360/CAD Workstation ($1000-$1200)

Sep 20, 2019
Hey everyone,

I’m looking to build a new desktop PC for a friend. The new computer is meant to be a workstation to run programs like Autodesk Fusion 360 and other CAD-like software and exported to a CNC machine.

But, I’ve personally never built a PC/Workstation specifically for Autodesk Fusion 360/CAD software. I’m not entirely sure what hardware specs will get me the most gains/bang for my buck. Or where the bottlenecks for this type of workload are going to be. My friend’s current computer has a lot of performance issues when working inside Fusion 360. It stutters, hangs, and even freezes all together when working on a project with a lot of data points. It’s no longer acceptable for his workflow. With this new build I’m aiming to eliminate the severe drop in FPS and provide a smooth experience.

I would appreciate it if anyone has any good recommended builds as a staring poiny or advice for this type of pc. The Budget for the build is $1000-$1200, depending on how much bang for your buck you can get. And just to be clear, the PC is meant to be a just a workstation, not at all a gaming PC.

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS