[SOLVED] Build advice

gijsbartman

Reputable
May 1, 2019
So I have used my bit of knowledge about computers, and I've come up with this.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
MOBO: Gigabyte B450 AORUS ELITE
GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2060 GAMING Z 6G
RAM: Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200 C16
STORAGE: Kingston A400 480GB SSD + Seagate HDD 3.5" 1TB ST1000DM010 BarraCuda
PSU: Cooler Master MWE Gold 550 Full Modular PSU
CASE: NZXT H510 White

I have a couple of questions.

How will VR games play on this?

Is this a good system, and will the parts work together well?

In my country the total price is 1049eur, if I wanted to get a sub 1000eur pc what parts would you recommend I would change?

And what about cooling/fans in my system, do I need to buy some? Are there any fans coming with the case?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Overall that is a good build without to much wiggle room on cost. The only thing that can drop the cost is going for a cheaper RTX 2060. The motherboards are all very similar in price so you will not save too much there. The Gold PSU from Cooler Master is more than good enough though if the Seasonic Focus Gold is cheaper, then go for the Seasonic or EVGA G2 in Gold.

As to whether it will play VR, yes and quiet well if you have the Rift S or something similar then no problems.
How will VR games play on this?
Depends on your headset.
Is this a good system, and will the parts work together well?
Id go for no hdd, a different mobo, and different PSU.
In my country the total price is 1049eur, if I wanted to get a sub 1000eur pc what parts would you recommend I would change?
B450m gaming plus. Omit hdd. change PSU to an EVGA g2, Seasonic focus, or Corsair TXM/RMx.
And what about cooling/fans in my system, do I need to buy some? Are there any fans coming with the case?
The case comes with fans. CPU comes with a cooler.

Overall that is a good build without to much wiggle room on cost. The only thing that can drop the cost is going for a cheaper RTX 2060. The motherboards are all very similar in price so you will not save too much there. The Gold PSU from Cooler Master is more than good enough though if the Seasonic Focus Gold is cheaper, then go for the Seasonic or EVGA G2 in Gold.

As to whether it will play VR, yes and quiet well if you have the Rift S or something similar then no problems.

Solution
Gigabyte B450 AORUS ELITE is an entry-level motherboard with a very low price. There are plenty of better models. To keep costs low, motherboard manufacturers use cheap parts.

Read some of the reviews of the Gigabyte B450 AORUS ELITE to see how satisfied other users are with it.