[SOLVED] Build advice

gijsbartman

Reputable
May 1, 2019
So I have used my bit of knowledge about computers and picked out some parts.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition
MOBO: Asrock B450 STEEL LEGEND
GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2060 VENTUS 6G OC
RAM: G.Skill DDR4 Trident-Z 2x8GB 3200Mhz CL16 Black/White
STORAGE: Already have storage laying around
PSU: Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 650W PSU
CASE: NZXT H510 White

I have a couple of questions.

I'm going to use this to stream and record games.
Games will range from minecraft to gta v.
How will this system run games on 1440p on high settings?

Maybe a bit unrelated, but are vr games more demanding than the normal varient? Will I for example be able to play minecraft VR on this system on a Rift S?

Is this a good system, and will the parts work together well?

And what about cooling/fans in my system, do I need to buy some? Are there any fans coming with the case?
I picked the Hyper 212 cpu cooler because people told me the stock cooler can be quite loud. Is getting this cooler neseccary, and will this cooler indeed make my build more quiet?

Also is airflow good in the H510?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
As kanewolf has stated in that you need to make sure it has the relevant BIOS to run Ryzen 3xxx or you can update it yourself but as to the rest, you should have a more than decent experience at 1440p especially at high settings but ultra may not be great in some games dropping below 60FPS.

As to the Rift S, and again no issues as the RTX 2060 is more than up to it along with the 3600.

kanewolf

Titan
A B450 could have a BIOS that doesn't support the 3xxx CPUs. It looks like the 2.3 BIOS (released in May 2019) is the minimum BIOS for 3000 series CPUs. It is possible, but the probabilities diminish as time passes, that you could require a BIOS update before you can install your 3600 CPU. The motherboard BOX should have a sticker or graphic if it has the 3xxx compatible BIOS. That motherboard doesn't have the "no CPU" BIOS update option, so you would need a compatible CPU to do the update.
If you do get a compatible BIOS, DO update to the latest. There have been 5 updates since the 2.3 BIOS.

As kanewolf has stated in that you need to make sure it has the relevant BIOS to run Ryzen 3xxx or you can update it yourself but as to the rest, you should have a more than decent experience at 1440p especially at high settings but ultra may not be great in some games dropping below 60FPS.

As to the Rift S, and again no issues as the RTX 2060 is more than up to it along with the 3600.

Solution