Apr 2, 2020
Hi guys!
José here from Portugal! I'm building my first PC for moderate gaming (CS:GO, Battlefield & F12019) and ocasional video streaming for 50" fhd tv.
After a couple of days here's what I'm thinking:

Kolink ATX Inspire K1 RGB
MSI X470 gaming plus max am4 atx 4xd4 2933 sata3 usb 3.1
Corsair CX550 80+bronze
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 4.35Ghz AM4 20Mb cache
Patriot RAM C16 Viper DDR4 3200 RGB S K2
Nvidia Gtx 1660 gaming 6Gb OC ddr6
WD Blue SN550 (250GB) HD (to pair with 1Tb external HD already owned)
Monitor AOC gaming 24G2U5/BK (24" - 1ms - IPS)
=Total 800€ here.

Would aprecciate your comments and advice if any component should be changed/improved for similiar budget (or saving:hihi:)
Many thanks and congrats for the best web forum online for this purpose!

Last edited:
Solution
Doing some quick looking at prices, for your country, I say you did pretty good, on the parts selection. Just as an FYI, if you can save some cash ditching the RGB, and use the savings to bump up to a 1660 super or 1660ti, I would do so. Performance first, pretty later.

logainofhades

Titan
Doing some quick looking at prices, for your country, I say you did pretty good, on the parts selection. Just as an FYI, if you can save some cash ditching the RGB, and use the savings to bump up to a 1660 super or 1660ti, I would do so. Performance first, pretty later.

Solution
Apr 2, 2020

Thanks man! any brand recommended or should I just seek the most Mhz possible? any advantage on having 2x8Gb vs 1x16Gb?

logainofhades

Titan
You definitely want 2x8gb, of DDR4, of at least DDR4 3200 CL16. Team group, G-skill, corsair, and patriot are fine. 1x16 will force single channel, killing ram bandwidth, which is a very bad thing, for Ryzen. For GPU, EVGA is king, of the Nvidia cards. Gigabyte and Zotac are fine, too, for the GPU series you are looking at.

A couple of thoughts:

One rule of thumb for a balanced gamer is to budget about 2x the cost of the processor for the graphics card.
You are about 1:1.
I might go stronger on the graphics at the expense of cpu.
Another consideration is that Intel is supposed to launch their ryzen response processors this month.
Unless you need is urgent, I would to wait a bit.

On ram, always buy a 2 stick kit.
2 sticks will run in faster dual channel mode.
Ryzen depends on fast ram for performance; you might go faster if it does not cost too much.
Intel is happy with most any speed.

Apr 2, 2020
You guys are the best!
I've already purchased everything except processor and graphics card. Which of these 3 are my best option? Ryzen 5 3600, Ryzen 5 3600x or Ryzen 7 2700x? I've seen benchmarks online where the ryzen 5 is faster... Is it true?
Prices change slightly of course, i'm wondering if its worth the extra buck.

(I'm taking your advice in purchasing the 1660ti for GPU, thnks guys!)

Last edited:
It depends on what you need.
Either will do the job very well for you.

The i7-2700X has more(16) threads vs 12 for the 3600X
More threads is helpful for the class of multiplayer games with many participants.

The 3600X has faster threads which is helpful for cpu centric games which depend on the performance of the single master thread. Such games do not usually take good advantage of more than 6 or 8 threads.

Here are the passmark ratings for each:
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+Ryzen+5+3600X&id=3494

Apr 2, 2020
In that website the numbers are pretty close, making believe its not worth the extra 30€ for the R5 3600x. Will I notice any difference by playing the games I mentioned above? (all multi-player online)
Should I save money with the cheapest R5 3600? (which scores higher than then the R7 2700x)