Question Build advice

veeljko23

Reputable
May 24, 2020
Im want to upgrade pc currently and cpu i picked is i3 10100f, and between the motherboards its either asus prime h410m-r or msi h510m pro e, they are the same price and h510m has m2 slot, which one should i get, for some reason i was told to go with h410m-r

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I would check the 510 CPU compat list just to be sure the 10100 will work without issue, it should.
If there is no other significant difference between the two other than M.2, same RAM configuration and do forth I would pick the one with M.2. However, it is always a good idea to look into reviews if you can find them to make sure there isn't some known issue with one or the other.

veeljko23

Reputable
May 24, 2020
I would check the 510 CPU compat list just to be sure the 10100 will work without issue, it should.
If there is no other significant difference between the two other than M.2, same RAM configuration and do forth I would pick the one with M.2. However, it is always a good idea to look into reviews if you can find them to make sure there isn't some known issue with one or the other.
I did, everything should work, but is there any difference in vrms? And msi one also has pcie 4 while h410 has pcie 3