Build check? Compatibility test

lightning45

Commendable
Mar 3, 2016
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/z3jHVn
This is what I plan to build in the near future. It is meant to be for gaming but also for school work. I plan to have the ssds in a raid0 and the hdds in raid1 (for schoolwork and other important files). I think the 500gbs combined space plus extra from the m.2 will be sufficient for all of my games. I chose the Asus over the krait because the krait seemed to have some problems with m.2 and length.I'm not sure whether I will need a fan controller. I plan to put the 140 in to replace the front GP14 and the 120 to replace the radiator fan. I'm not sure about pascal, I may wait and see what comes up or I may just buy the 980ti after pascal is released. Would this build work out well? Any help is appreciated. This will be my third major build and I plan on actually cable managing for once.

Solution
Looks good and you'll be happy with the Z170-A - great mobo. The GPU question is the big one, when I grabbed my 980Ti - I fully planned to get a second one, but the more I see/hear about the upcoming GPUs I may just hold off ;)

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Looks good and you'll be happy with the Z170-A - great mobo. The GPU question is the big one, when I grabbed my 980Ti - I fully planned to get a second one, but the more I see/hear about the upcoming GPUs I may just hold off ;)

Solution

lightning45

Commendable
Mar 3, 2016

yeah, the hype is starting to pick up, I'm really hoping for good prices so I can pick one up. For the ssd raid, which would you go with? 730, 850 evo, or 850 pro? I'm thinking the evo will give me good performance with an even better price but I'm not entirely sure what's best.