Alec L

Commendable
Jan 18, 2017
Hello, I've recently decided to build a computer, but I'm not sure if what I have put together is of good quality and worth the money. If someone could check it and tell me what I can improve on, it would be greatly appreciated.
This is it: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GpDngw

johnnycheddar78

Prominent
Dec 30, 2017
The only thing I would change is the GPU to a GTX 1070, just because of the extra 2GB of VRAM and it performs a bit better than the 1660 ti. Also, dont pay 100 dollars for windows, you can go to a website like CDKEY and get a code there for a lot cheaper than Microsoft's website.

Alec L

Commendable
Jan 18, 2017
The only thing I would change is the GPU to a GTX 1070, just because of the extra 2GB of VRAM and it performs a bit better than the 1660 ti. Also, dont pay 100 dollars for windows, you can go to a website like CDKEY and get a code there for a lot cheaper than Microsoft's website.
Okay, thanks. How would purchasing a windows code online work?
Also, is a Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB G1 Gaming Video Card good?

Notorious^

Reputable
Feb 17, 2019
PLEASE make sure you are buying a valid copy of windows 10 from a reputable retailer. To many websites sell fake keys that are not authorized in the U.S. and will not activate. Research the online retailer first on google/yelp etc BEFORE you buy a "Valid CD Key".

These type of sites like Ebay, Amazon etc have hundreds of people selling fake keys or keys that are meant for a different region but they pass them off as north american valid keys and they are 100% fake keys.

The only 2 places i would EVER buy a Windows 10 CD Key is from Microsoft.com or your local Microsoft store.

(and no, i do not work for microsoft, i just don't like seeing people getting ripped off of their hard earned money)

Be very careful on this.

Last edited:

Alec L

Commendable
Jan 18, 2017
PLEASE make sure you are buying a valid copy of windows 10 from a reputable retailer. To many websites sell fake keys that are not authorized in the U.S. and will not activate. Research the online retailer first on google/yelp etc BEFORE you buy a "Valid CD Key".

These type of sites like Ebay, Amazon etc have hundreds of people selling fake keys or keys that are meant for a different region but they pass them off as north american valid keys and they are 100% fake keys.

The only 2 places i would EVER buy a Windows 10 CD Key is from Microsoft.com or your local Microsoft store.

(and no, i do not work for microsoft, i just don't like seeing people getting ripped off of their hard earned money)

Be very careful on this.
Okay! I will make sure to do my research. Thanks!

johnnycheddar78

Prominent
Dec 30, 2017

Be very careful on this.
I always use CDKey to get Windows Keys, I've been using one I purchased for $20 and it works perfectly. (Im also in the US)

TRENDING THREADS