Question Build completed but won't launch Bios

Sentrik

Honorable
Dec 27, 2015
I've just completed a build for a secondary PC out of some old parts to take to college, but when it boots there's nothing connecting to the monitor. All LED's are on and fans are spinning. My hard drive is working. This is a semi-old motherboard, and it no longer has a beeper on it, so I don't know if it's outputting anything. Is there something around this other than buying a beeper and reading the code?

Specs:
Strix GTX 970
AMD FX 8320E (I know the bottleneck, please don't bring it up)
4 GB DDR3 RAM
750W Corsair PSU - Not modular
1 TB HDD
760GM-P34 FX Motherboard

Everything starts up as it's supposed to. The HDD runs, the Heat sink spins, the case fans work, and the GPU shows a white LED (Which means it's connected properly). So this could be a problem of GPU compatibility, but I don't think so considering I've had a 1080Ti work fine in with the same parts.

Sentrik

Honorable
Dec 27, 2015
Does it have the proper bios for the 8320E.

I'm not sure how to check for that, but considering I've used the same chip on this board before it shouldn't be a problem. I think the board got shocked at some point through it's time on the shelf, and I'll need a new one.

I've tried 3 different graphics cards that I know work, but the PC still wont boot to bios, or even connect to the monitor. The PSU works, the fans on my case as well as the hard drive works. My only other option would be the CPU, but I'm almost certain it's not broken.

Edit: if my motherboard IS dead, then would power still travel through it? Everything on the board powers, but it won't connect to display.

Last edited: