Build Advice Build crashing randomly

Jun 28, 2022
This is my 2nd build. The first one, about 2 years ago, went smooth and there were no issues.
This one...not so much....and it will run fine for awhile...but after about 20-30 minutes, the mouse freezes and then the screen goes black and unresponsive. It doesn't power off bc all my LEDs are still on (not just mb, but graphics card, pump, and fans) They do revert back to the default lighting instead of what I changed it to.
The mb code that's displayed when the screen goes black is 0d and the amber/yellow light is on next to DRAM
If I want to reboot, I have to power it down first; but if I reboot after a crash, it only stays on for about 5 minutes before the mouse freezes, and the screen goes black again. It feels like it's behaving like its overheating but the temps are usually around 50-60C when it crashes. Also when it crashes, I'm not putting any sort of stress on the system. The processor load is under 10% (usually under 5%)
Inside the case itself feels pretty cool. The pump is cool to the touch, it doesn't feel like there's any vibration or sound like there's anything going on in the pump or the tubes, but it's showing activity when I check status.

I have updated the bios to the latest available on my motherboards page, (there's only one choice, version 4404)
I ran all the updates on armory crate ( amd chipset update, audio drivers, etc)
I updated the graphics drives
I tried to run a windows memory diagnostic, it got to about 80% before the crash occurred, it found no problems to that point.

I have also made sure the screws on the pump were not over tightened and I have checked and reseated the processor as well. No debris or pins out of whack.

I don't build often so I don't have any spare parts around that I can swap stuff out to test.

Any help or ideas appreciated. Build info below. TIA

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Ryzen 9 5000 Series Vermeer (Zen 3) 12-Core 3.7 GHz Socket AM4 105W

ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING WIFI II AM4 AMD X570 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard

CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) Intel XMP 2.0 Desktop Memory

ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCI Express 4.0 Video Card ROG-STRIX-RTX3060-O12G-V2-GAMING

CORSAIR RM850 CP-9020235-NA 850 W ATX 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Power Supply

SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2 2280 1TB PCI-Express Gen 4.0 x4, NVMe 1.3c Samsung V-NAND 3-bit MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD MZ-V8P1T0B/AM

Corsair Hydro Series, iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX, 240mm Radiator, Dual ML120 RGB PWM Fans, Powerful iCUE Software, Liquid CPU Cooler LGA 1700 Compatible

Jun 28, 2022
Sounds like a ram issue. Run this, takes quite awhile but will test the ram for any issues.

If it comes back with errors I would replace the ram.

I attempted to run the ram test and at around 25 min, the screen went black again while power was still on . There were no errors found before it cut out