Build for a friend

sihmar

Honorable
Nov 23, 2013
Hello everybody,

I'm making a build for a friend which can cost around 1450 euros, I want him to get the best for his money and I want your opinions on the build I put together.
I'm not sure if I should go for more than 8 gb of ram or not and not sure if the 550 watt PSU will suffice, planning on doing some mild overclocking on the CPU.
Also not sure if a sound card would be worth buying, so I left it out.
This build is around 1350 euros at the moment.

Processor: Intel Core i5 4670K Boxed
Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming
Video card: Gigabyte GV-R929OC-4GD
Ram: Crucial Ballistix Tactical BLT2C4G3D1608ET3LX0CEU - 8gb
CPU Cooler: Gelid Solutions Tranquillo Rev.2
PSU: Cooler Master VS V550S
SSD: Crucial M500 2,5" 240GB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 ST2000DM001, 2TB
Optical drive: Samsung SH-224DB Zwart
Case: Cooler Master CM 690 III Closed
Monitor: LG IPS277L-BN Silver, Black

Solution
Pretty solid build overall, my only gripe is (especially since you are overclocking) is to get a better PSU since your psu seems just enough to run your current setup.

If this is a gaming build, its very hard to justify having more than 8GB of ram, even with games, music, internet, and VoIP and other programs running you will not exceed 8GB of ram usage.

If your friend is a true audiophile then you may need to consider a soundcard, else; lets face it, he won't be able to tell the difference :p

Hope this helps!

cynicalimpulse

Honorable
Oct 13, 2012
Pretty solid build overall, my only gripe is (especially since you are overclocking) is to get a better PSU since your psu seems just enough to run your current setup.

If this is a gaming build, its very hard to justify having more than 8GB of ram, even with games, music, internet, and VoIP and other programs running you will not exceed 8GB of ram usage.

If your friend is a true audiophile then you may need to consider a soundcard, else; lets face it, he won't be able to tell the difference :p

Hope this helps!

Solution