[SOLVED] Build for Video Editing

May 9, 2020
Hi there, My mate has asked me to build a PC for him that's suitable for video editing.
He doesn't care about high end gaming at all and wants the PC for video editing and streaming mainly, The only games he plans to play are Lego type and Minecraft!
So are there any really good CPU's with integrated graphics for video editing or what CPU & GPU combo would you recommend?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
There is no budget really, just whatever is good enough for the job. He wants to edit videos and stream on Twitch.
ahhh, there's always a limit. Someone who's playing Minecraft and Lego, and using a TV as a monitor, and borrowing a KB/mouse/case from a friend isn't going to be spending thousands on a PC tower.

See what their reaction is to this cost:
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor (£174.95 @ AWD-IT)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition 42 CFM CPU Cooler (£31.99 @ AWD-IT)
Motherboard: MSI MAG B550M MORTAR WIFI Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (£149.99 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600...
What's the budget?
Is this a laptop or desktop? Is it a DIY, or pre-built?
What should the budget include? (tower, monitor, keyboard, mouse, headphones/speakers)
What country are you shopping in? (mate ;))
Does your mate already have a computer? What are the specs of that machine (in case stuff can be re-used)

May 9, 2020
Oh wow mate!!
Right he doesn't have a PC and it will be a tower build from scratch so I will be getting everything to build the PC for him!!! I already have the keyboard & mouse and a case.
He said he will use a TV for now as a monitor.
I'm in England and will be using places like Ebuyer to source parts. There is no budget really, just whatever is good enough for the job. He wants to edit videos and stream on Twitch.

dimtodim

Reputable
Hi there, My mate has asked me to build a PC for him that's suitable for video editing.
He doesn't care about high end gaming at all and wants the PC for video editing and streaming mainly, The only games he plans to play are Lego type and Minecraft!
So are there any really good CPU's with integrated graphics for video editing or what CPU & GPU combo would you recommend?

Thanks in advance.
gtx 1660 super will be good enought

Reactions: Stevie_T
There is no budget really, just whatever is good enough for the job. He wants to edit videos and stream on Twitch.
ahhh, there's always a limit. Someone who's playing Minecraft and Lego, and using a TV as a monitor, and borrowing a KB/mouse/case from a friend isn't going to be spending thousands on a PC tower.

See what their reaction is to this cost:
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor (£174.95 @ AWD-IT)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition 42 CFM CPU Cooler (£31.99 @ AWD-IT)
Motherboard: MSI MAG B550M MORTAR WIFI Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (£149.99 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory (£59.99 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (£67.56 @ CCL Computers)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6 GB GAMING OC Video Card (£222.06 @ CCL Computers)
Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply (£69.98 @ CCL Computers)
Total: £776.52
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-09-11 20:40 BST+0100

Solution