Build Advice Build help, having issues

May 3, 2019
Hi there. I have built a Ryzen 5 2600 system and here are my specs. Everything is compatible, ram, CPU, motherboard stuff etc etc etc, all power connectors are firmly secured and the heatsink, headers and ram are seated correctly too.

Specs
-ryzen 5 2600
-2 X 8 Corsair 3000mhz RGB ram
-aerocool integrator 700w
-750 (while waiting for 1070 in mail)
-1tb hdd (while waiting for SSD in mail)
-am4 b450 aorus M

I plugged everything in, all lights were on, instantly posted and installed Windows from my boot drive, the ram was installed in slots 1 and 3, it showed that all 16gb sticks were in but only half was useable, the rest was "hardware reserved" I checked bios CPU Z, made sure ms config had no Max memory capped. Everything showed fine. Still had issues.

Flashed bios to latest version maybe that was the issue. Nope, issue still present. Moved the ram around and it was the same issue until I put the two sticks in slots 1 and 2, so,right next to eachother. As soon as I did this. My pc power button only turns the pc on. It does not turn the pc off. Everything spins up and all lights come on. However now the CPU light is permanently on, on my motherboard.

I tried to move the ram back and checked all power and I'm just so confused. Only thing I haven't done is flash the bios because I am worried about causing any further harm.

So as of now, it was fine and now the pc no longer posts and only turns on by the switch,not off.i have to turn off the PSU to get it to turn off and the red CPU light is on. I can leave it for as long as possible and it's just stuck like this for now...

I am incredibly tired and I'd be destroyed if the CPU is actually broken. But I don't understand how it would break. It was fine all day. Ran a little hot at idle but that's because I had no pwm cable.so just one intake and 2 exhausts on my aio are operating.

If anyone knows what to do please help

This is every bit of information
-moved ram from 1 and 3 to 2 and 4
-updated chipset drivers
-flashed bios,
-posted fine but hardware reserved ram issue still persisting
-cpu z and bios say ram is completely fine. Ram is compatible and in the list of compatible memory for my motherboard
-moved ram to slot 1 and 2
-cpu light red, no longer posting

Thanks for any help. Lillie

rgd1101

Don't

and about the ram, did you turn the memory profile on in bios?

May 3, 2019

and about the ram, did you turn the memory profile on in bios?
Well... I tried to change it to the xmp profile but it keeps resetting. I cleared the CMOS and still no luck .also should have mentioned that the keyboard and mouse aren't even working now... Could it be the motherboard is faulty?