[SOLVED] Build help? Using old prebuilt parts

Sep 2, 2020
Hi, Im planning on kinda rebuilding my pc with current parts and new parts. Right now i have a prebuilt MSI Aegis 3 which is a miniITX (i think) and im trying to buy a new case and psu for the 3080.

Im wondering if the custom motherboard that comes with the aegis (MSI MS-B9071) is compatible with a regular atx psu connectors and if my motherboard will fit in a mid atx case. Thank you!

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Your prebuilt has a B250 chipsetted itx board. In face you can drop that into another mitx chassis but in retrospect, I'd avoid replacing the case. First wait and see what the cards prices are eventually going to be once they are available for the masses and ofc, see what the reviews state.

If the card is underperforming compared to their competitors or their older GPU's, you can invest in the older architecture. To add more dissuasion to your idea, I tend to leave any tinkering on prebuilts down to ram and storage. If you want to add a GPU then things get a little messy with adding a larger(more wattage)PSU and then changing out the case, that only drives the return on investment towards negative.

Lutfij

Titan

Your prebuilt has a B250 chipsetted itx board. In face you can drop that into another mitx chassis but in retrospect, I'd avoid replacing the case. First wait and see what the cards prices are eventually going to be once they are available for the masses and ofc, see what the reviews state.

If the card is underperforming compared to their competitors or their older GPU's, you can invest in the older architecture. To add more dissuasion to your idea, I tend to leave any tinkering on prebuilts down to ram and storage. If you want to add a GPU then things get a little messy with adding a larger(more wattage)PSU and then changing out the case, that only drives the return on investment towards negative.

Solution
Sep 2, 2020

I see that my board has a 10pin, while atx psus have 24pins, how would i go about connecting my board to an atx psu if i decide to go that route?