[SOLVED] Build idea

Jun 2, 2020
Hi everyone,

I'm currently designing a custom build for one of my friend. I haven't done that for a long time, so I was wondering if I could get a feedback from expert. The idea behind this build is to have a desktop able to do home office work (should not be a problem), but also gaming at Fortnite. He's asking for high fps (around 144) with a tight budget lower than 1100$

So I choose the following components :
Video card : EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 KO GAMING
CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard : A320M-HDV R4.0
RAM : Corsair Vengeance LPX 8 GN DDR4 2666 MHZ
HDD : 1TB WD Blue 7200 RPM
PSU : Thermaltake Smart Series 500W
Case : Cougar MG110 Compact Micro-ATX

What do you think of it?

It's the first time I post here, so if something is not following the forum rules please advise. I read the sticky notes before, but it seems ok.

Solution
i don't think that motherboard will support the 3600 out of the box. you'll be better off with at least a b450 board at the low end. make sure it says it is 3rd gen ryzen ready so you don't have to mess with updating the BIOS to get it working.

and that psu is a terrible choice. they are pretty much junk quality at best.

and finally, ryzen likes fast ram. i'd look for at least 3200 speed ram if not higher. the cpu will thank you for sure :)

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i don't think that motherboard will support the 3600 out of the box. you'll be better off with at least a b450 board at the low end. make sure it says it is 3rd gen ryzen ready so you don't have to mess with updating the BIOS to get it working.

and finally, ryzen likes fast ram. i'd look for at least 3200 speed ram if not higher. the cpu will thank you for sure :)

Solution
Jun 2, 2020

Thank you! I tried to cut the price with PSU, but I will upgrade instead of pay 2 times.