Build Laptop setup with desktop

SidRock

Honorable
May 11, 2015
I really want to build a desktop computer but the issue I am having is that I usually use laptops to surf the internet or watch videos on my lap on a bed, never by a desk. I know I can purchase a wireless keyboard and mouse and that there are connections for wireless monitors but the sticking point would be that the monitor is not likely to be comfortable on my lap. Has anyone build a desktop tower and made everything wireless including the display to make a pseudo-laptop setup? Is this just simply impractical?

Solution
As you suggested, it's just not practical.

I have a desktop PC for doing everything in the daytime, plus a reasonably powerful laptop for bed or travel.

The only way to combine both in practical terms is to buy a powerful laptop and use that on a desk during the day, but you also have the ability to temporarily move it to wherever you want to use it at night or whatever.

That's if you don't fancy having both a laptop & a desktop PC.

I prefer to have both. A laptop for mobility of course, and a PC for room-filling sound quality and the ability to upgrade the hardware.
As you suggested, it's just not practical.

I have a desktop PC for doing everything in the daytime, plus a reasonably powerful laptop for bed or travel.

The only way to combine both in practical terms is to buy a powerful laptop and use that on a desk during the day, but you also have the ability to temporarily move it to wherever you want to use it at night or whatever.

That's if you don't fancy having both a laptop & a desktop PC.

I prefer to have both. A laptop for mobility of course, and a PC for room-filling sound quality and the ability to upgrade the hardware.

Solution