Build list finalised, calling all awesome forum members for your knowledge one last time.

weaponfx

Reputable
Aug 10, 2015
Well I have spent more time than I care to think about researching, questioning, comparing, discussing and dreaming about what build configuration I should go for. This site especially has been awesome and the help has been great.

So now I have come up with my final build plan and before I commit to it can I get one last look over from you guys?

Just so your aware I know many of you will still say "Don't go that, Don't go this, that brand is bad, get one of these, spend more money", the facts are I can't spend anymore money, this is my limit.
I already have a Case, PSU, GPU, SSD and SSHD so they aren't listed.
I have researched all the items on my list and have found user reviews more in favor for the hardware than against.

So all I really need to determine is if there are any flaws, bottle necking, incompatibility with the below:

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/LyFmcf - Don't worry about the high prices, that's in Australian dollars (the joys of being on a massive island stuck out in the Pacific ocean)

Thanks again for your input, this site and the people who get involved with the forums have been awesome.

fport

Distinguished
May 22, 2011
Current up to date builds fall into three main categories:

There's the 1150 platform.
There's the 2011 platform.
There's the 1151 platform.

If you want headroom the 2011 and 1151 are the best and newest best bets.

You could do the 1150 but it is now yesterday's child.
You could upgrade and trick it out but it is still back in DDR3 land.

The 1151 is the new 1150. So you've positioned yourself for the next 3-5 years.

In the end you want to be using your machine. Forget buyer's remorse, you're
wrong from the second you hit paid. Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

You've assembled a spanking machine for this moment in time. You could spend
much more or spend much less and still have something more or less as good and
upgradable but in the end mostly just different.

weaponfx

Reputable
Aug 10, 2015

Thank you indeed for your input on this, YOU are most AWESOME!!!!! :D

weaponfx

Reputable
Aug 10, 2015

This is some fantastic and helpful feedback thank you very very much.

I must admit the whole 1151 & 2011 baffled me a little at first and as far as whats better for a predominately gaming machine still leaves me more questions than answers. I just figured to go with the 1151 because my local store only stocks i7-6500K with 1151 socket.

If there is no massive noticeable advantage by going with a 2011 socket then I will probably just stay with what I have and revisit the next new tech in 2020 - sounds so space age with that date lol.