I want a big case
nvidia graphic card
32 gb memory
and most important is the cooling system, i need the best cooling system :D

Thank you very much <3

PhyziX1337

Reputable
Apr 6, 2019
Is there any particular reason you want to spend at least 2700?

Any chance we can get more detail and more insight on your purposes?
It can be less if its possible, But i heard the GPU's are expensive nowdays :p
Anyway, maximum $3k, I also want to buy samsung screen G9 48 inch, the $3k doesnt include the screen

It can be less if its possible, But i heard the GPU's are expensive nowdays :p
Anyway, maximum $3k, I also want to buy samsung screen G9 48 inch, the $3k doesnt include the screen

If you really want to commit to a monitor like that, at least go with the G9 Neo that replaced the original G9, which didn't have local dimming.

Personally I would never pay that much for a gaming display that has a mere VA panel, but that's just me. I mean, it's still the same old LCD technology that's prone to motion blur, so it's hard to imagine the super high refresh rate is really going to make up for it. And while VAs have deep blacks, OLEDs have deep blacks AND very accurate colors AND very subtle gradients from black to grey, with literally no motion blur.

Aside from that, what seems really strange is you appear to be dead locked on a particularly high end and very niche monitor, yet you want to leave literally ALL of the PC component picking that drives it up to complete strangers. If you've at some point done a fair bit of research to nail down that display choice, I have to ask, what has kept you from doing the same on the PC parts?

Lastly, picking parts for you is going to be like a shot in the dark guessing game unless you give us some kind of idea of what games you'll be playing.

Last edited:

PhyziX1337

Reputable
Apr 6, 2019
If you really want to commit to a monitor like that, at least go with the G9 Neo that replaced the original G9, which didn't have local dimming.

Personally I would never pay that much for a gaming display that has a mere VA panel, but that's just me. I mean, it's still the same old LCD technology that's prone to motion blur, so it's hard to imagine the super high refresh rate is really going to make up for it. And while VAs have deep blacks, OLEDs have deep blacks AND very accurate colors AND very subtle gradients from black to grey, with literally no motion blur.

Aside from that, what seems really strange is you appear to be dead locked on a particularly high end and very niche monitor, yet you want to leave literally ALL of the PC component picking that drives it up to complete strangers. If you've at some point done a fair bit of research to nail down that display choice, I have to ask, what has kept you from doing the same on the PC parts?

Lastly, picking parts for you is going to be like a shot in the dark guessing game unless you give us some kind of idea of what games you'll be playing.
Thanks for your reply
I just play Racing games like Assesto corsa and Formula 1, I do play rocket league sometimes.

Thanks for your reply
I just play Racing games like Assesto corsa and Formula 1, I do play rocket league sometimes.

Well, that explains the ultrawide display, but I'm not sure 240Hz is necessary unless you're playing fast twitch shooters competitively online. Have you looked at or considered any other ultrawide displays that are 120Hz or less?

This also applies to the overall budget, because to make use of high refresh best you'd need to be driving it with a GPU capable of sustaining 240 FPS. The 5120x1440 res of the G9 is very close to the pixel count of 4K, so it would take a literal beast of a GPU to run F1 22 or Assetto Corsa at 240 FPS at a res so close to 4K.

Your preferred budget would likely afford a RTX 4080, especially if you build it vs buy it assembled, but a 4080 can only average about 180 FPS at a 4K res in F1 22. https://www.techpowerup.com/review/nvidia-geforce-rtx-4080-founders-edition/18.html

You can add roughly 11% more FPS if those games were played at 5120x1440, but you'd still be at about 200 FPS vs 240.

At a minimum of $1600 just for the GPU, a 4090, which most definitely COULD handle those games at 5120x1440 240 FPS, is out of your budget. That said, I HAVE discovered there is also a 120Hz version of the Samsung G9 at same size and res, it however does not support G-Sync like the other two that are 240Hz.

So, it would help if you post the exact model number of the display so we know which of the 3 models it is. They range from about $900-$1700 MSRP.

Hard to help you when we don't get the details we request from you.

BTW, in my searching I found LG makes an UltraGear OLED 45" curved monitor. It's not the super wide 32:9 the G9 is, but at 21:9, it's still wide enough to give good peripheral view in race games and 21:9 is also FAR more supported by devs in general.

The res of the LG is 3440x1440, and it's refresh is 240Hz, which would mean you could run F1 22 on a RTX 4080 and average roughly 240 FPS. At it's current $1500 price, the 45" LG UltraGear is right in between what the two higher end G9s cost.

I've seen/read reviews on both these curved UltraGear and G9 displays. The nit pick about the G9 is typically the motion blur and need for very powerful GPU. The nitpick about the UltraGear is it's not quite as good for net surfing, as the text isn't quite as sharp. Some have bought the G9 and returned it and bought an OLED and say it's much better for gaming with zero motion blur and near zero input lag.

Note as well that LCD display manufacturers always state best case scenarios for response times. If an LCD manufacturer is claiming 1ms response time on an LCD, that is the very quickest it can do from one color to another. The average response time can be MUCH higher, peaking as high as 16ms.

OLEDs don't have afterglow like LCDs because their pixels are transistors that are self lit and instantaneous, whereas LCD crystals need to align with different voltages for each color, and be lit by LEDs. Therefore LCD screens will never be anywhere NEAR as close in response time as OLED, despite the 1ms claims. It's literally like comparing a micro chip (OLED), to a PCB with components soldered to it (LCD).

Lastly, while I know it may seem like I'm pushing Ultrawide vs Super Ultrawide, and OLED, when you're spending well over $3000 total on PC and display, you may end up taking on other type games, either to justify the expense of it, or just because the experience is so immersive. In that scenario, 32:9 is easily dwarfed by 21:9 as far as how many games support it, and in many games that have a fair bit of verticality to the maps, the limited height of a 32:9 is going to feel cramped.

As far as display type goes, LCD is getting quite antiquated, and OLED clearly has the sharpest picture quality and fastest response time, both of which are very noticeable in fast action games like racing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2838871

As far as display type goes, LCD is getting quite antiquated, and OLED clearly has the sharpest picture quality and fastest response time, both of which are very noticeable in fast action games like racing.

Agreed.

View: https://youtu.be/H_m8U27N-LI

I game on a 48" LG CX OLED and 60 fps is perfectly fine in 4K Ultra RT. My OLED does 120hz but I'm one of those people that can't see a difference between 60 fps and 120 fps which is good because not even the 4090 will do 120+ on max settings so I roll with 60hz and have no complaints.

PhyziX1337

Reputable
Apr 6, 2019
Ok forget the monitor, I am looking for a good computer that can run any game on max settings +240 FPS because my current monitor is Dell aw2518h (240hz)

This is the best gaming setup ( 7800X3D and 4090) you can get and its within 3k:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2 GHz 8-Core Processor ($439.00 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 A-RGB 48.8 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($159.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock B650E PG RIPTIDE WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard ($239.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL36 Memory ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Black SN770 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Zotac GAMING AMP Extreme AIRO GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB Video Card ($1591.61 @ Newegg)
Case: Lian Li LANCOOL 216 ATX Mid Tower Case ($109.99 @ B&H)
Power Supply: Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 1000 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($159.99 @ Newegg Sellers)
Total: $2910.55
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-06-05 08:55 EDT-0400

Reactions: PhyziX1337
Ok forget the monitor, I am looking for a good computer that can run any game on max settings +240 FPS because my current monitor is Dell aw2518h (240hz)
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: *Intel Core i7-13700F 2.1 GHz 16-Core Processor ($329.99 @ Best Buy)
CPU Cooler: *Deepcool AG620 BK ARGB 67.88 CFM CPU Cooler ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: *MSI B760 GAMING PLUS WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard ($164.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: *G.Skill Ripjaws S5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory ($117.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: *Western Digital Black SN770 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: *MSI VENTUS 3X OC GeForce RTX 4080 16 GB Video Card ($1179.99 @ Amazon)
Case: *Lian Li LANCOOL 216 ATX Mid Tower Case ($109.99 @ B&H)
Power Supply: *MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($179.99 @ Best Buy)
Operating System: *Microsoft Windows 11 Home OEM - DVD 64-bit ($117.98 @ Other World Computing)
Total: $2360.90
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-06-05 10:15 EDT-0400

https://www.newegg.com/p/1BK-07N9-00001
Lian Li LANCOOL 216 ARGB Controller and USB Module (Black) $13.99

A better look at those components.

https://lian-li.com/product/lancool-216/

https://www.msi.com/Power-Supply/MPG-A1000G-PCIE5

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B760-GAMING-PLUS-WIFI

https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...-30m-cache-up-to-5-20-ghz/specifications.html

https://www.deepcool.com/products/C...al-Tower-CPU-Cooler-1700-AM5/2022/16082.shtml

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/wd-black-sn770-ssd-review

https://www.msi.com/Graphics-Card/GeForce-RTX-4080-16GB-VENTUS-3X-OC

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmpaN61OISA

I would wait for the OLED version of the G9. Since you are looking at running a higher resolution panel with a relatively high refresh rate I would still get a powerful CPU. Anything from the intel 13700 or the AMD 7700 or above should do nicely. Here is an example build with a nice big case, like you wanted. The G9 OLED is probably going to be exceedingly expensive so save some dollars for that. Also maximum settings in games are typically a waste of electricity. Usually 1 notch down will net you huge FPS gain with imperceptible or nearly imperceptible visual fidelity loss.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 4.5 GHz 8-Core Processor ($295.70 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 280 A-RGB 68.9 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($124.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B650 GAMING X AX ATX AM5 Motherboard ($189.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws S5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory ($112.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive ($69.99 @ Adorama)
Storage: Crucial P5 Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive ($122.49 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Zotac GAMING AMP Extreme AIRO GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB Video Card ($1591.61 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Pop XL Air ATX Full Tower Case ($114.99 @ B&H)
Power Supply: Corsair RM1000e (2023) 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($179.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $2802.74
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-06-05 14:38 EDT-0400

There are several things wrong with a build like this mostly related to where money is being spent.

First of all, a 3080 for 800 dollars is a huge ripoff when a 4070 is cheaper and performs better and has new features.
Second, a 13900k is almost completely useless because it is so much more than what is necessary to accomplish the goal of 240 hz 5120 x 1440 gaming. A 13700 non f through 13700k s much more on point for this build.
Third, that AIO from corsair is exceedingly overpriced for the performance it provides.
Fourth, you can get significantly faster RAM for cheaper.

Its not that this build has any problems actually functioning, just that money is spent very unwisely, or even negligently.

Anon#1234

Proper
May 30, 2023
There are several things wrong with a build like this mostly related to where money is being spent.

First of all, a 3080 for 800 dollars is a huge ripoff when a 4070 is cheaper and performs better and has new features.
Second, a 13900k is almost completely useless because its is so much more than what is necessary to accomplish the goal of 240 hz 5120 x 1440 gaming. A 13700 non f through 13700k s much more on point for this build.
Third, that AIO from corsair is exceedingly overpriced for the performance it provides.
Fourth, you can get significantly faster RAM for cheaper.

It not that this build has any problems actually functioning, just that money is spent very unwisely, or even negligently.
Don't disagree, but I went for more of an aesthetically pleasing build, if you want the best performance for money spent yeah theirs way better options. This will be way better value for the price, https://pcpartpicker.com/list/JbJ7k9

The G9 OLED is probably going to be exceedingly expensive so save some dollars for that.

Yeah especially since it is not just OLED but Samsung's version of OLED (QD OLED) that uses tons of mini LEDs to push brightness and color vibrance higher than typical OLEDs can go. Quantum Dot OLED ain't cheap by any means. We are going WAY past OP's original planned budget here, so I will leave suggestions to others.

OP mentioned that 3k budget is for system alone. And we have given various recommendations based on the 4090. Now as for the budget for the display itself, i will leave it up to the OP.

Regarding the performance of the system itself:
the G9 is two 2k displays side by side. its still less resolution than 4k. and the 4090 can do 4k gaming.
so the 7800X3D and the 4090 will definitely be fully utilised by the G9.

Apart from that, if you want custom cooling, you can do that. but it can range from an extra 700 to 1000 USD on custom cooling parts alone depending on your choice.

If you are a first time builder, we definitely have to go with a bigger and water cooling friendly case. get the complete kit like the bending, cutting and leak proof kits for the loop for testing. Not to mention, you would have to maintain your loop and clean it atleast 1 a year if using clear fluid or even twice if using mixed/coloured fluid. So there is the added trouble of maintenance for your custom loop.

OP mentioned that 3k budget is for system alone. And we have given various recommendations based on the 4090. Now as for the budget for the display itself, i will leave it up to the OP.

Regarding the performance of the system itself:
the G9 is two 2k displays side by side. its still less resolution than 4k. and the 4090 can do 4k gaming.
so the 7800X3D and the 4090 will definitely be fully utilised by the G9.

Apart from that, if you want custom cooling, you can do that. but it can range from an extra 700 to 1000 USD on custom cooling parts alone depending on your choice.

If you are a first time builder, we definitely have to go with a bigger and water cooling friendly case. get the complete kit like the bending, cutting and leak proof kits for the loop for testing. Not to mention, you would have to maintain your loop and clean it atleast 1 a year if using clear fluid or even twice if using mixed/coloured fluid. So there is the added trouble of maintenance for your custom loop.
The reason I said above a 4090 is not within his budget is he tends to have expensive tastes, like the display mentioned and water cooling, and I'm not surprised at all he's now interested in custom water cooling. That makes this the type of build where you need to leave some built-in headroom for exorbitance. ;)

We'd all love to be able to afford things well beyond our budgets, but that's not a reality unfortunately. I mean we haven't really even cracked the surface yet of what this build might become regarding peripherals, and wheel and pedal sets can get crazy expensive too.

PhyziX1337

Reputable
Apr 6, 2019
Looks like im going to buy this one, Anything you recommend me to change?

• CPU Intel Core i9-13900K 8 Cores 3GHz - 5.8GHz + 16 Cores 2.2GHz - 4.3GHz 36MB

• MOTHER BOARD MSI PRO Z790-P ATX Wi-Fi DDR5

• Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 A-RGB
  • (RAM)
    Kingston Fury Beast RGB DDR5 4800MHz 2X16GB
  • SSD
    Kingston 2TB NV2 PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD M.2
  • GPU
    Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4070 Ti EAGLE OC 12G GDDR6X
  • Sound Card
    Realtek ALC897 Codec
  • PSU
    Antec ATOM G750 Gold 80 PLUS 750W
  • CASE
    Thermaltake View 200 TG ARGB

you dont need a 13900k, a 13700k is more than enough.

I would upgrade to liquid freezer 360 if available. if not, the 240 would have to do.

The Pro-P series is the low end board from MSI. can you get a bit higher end like the Pro-a or the tomahawk Z790?

The ram is the basic 4800mhz, try to get 5600mhz?

the nv2 ssd is not great. try for samsung 970+ or WD SN770 or kingston KC3000 or crucial p5+

if the price is the same, i would suggest looking at the Radeon 7900XT. the 12gb vram of the 4070ti would hurt you in high res gaming.

The ATOM is not a high quality PSU. is the corsair RMe/RMx 850 available? i would try for 850w.

Last edited:
Reactions: helper800