Build me your best gaming CPU, motherboard, RAM combo for under $300

Solution

aevanee

Reputable
Oct 20, 2015
Wow dude thanks for the help! You don't even know how long I've been researching motherboards and processors and getting completely overwhelmed. On a whim I decided to put up this post and go figure, 3 minutes later I get a setup I think is exactly what I need. It has everything on my checklist- mobo has up to 32 gb ddr3, PCIe 3.0, SATA3, and USB 3.0. CPU is a fast quad core. Can't believe it took a two minute post to find this setup! Thanks again man! One more question, what exactly are the downsides to this setup? Obviously I could go with a faster processor but what are my limitations as far as the motherboard goes? Possibly SLI support? Room to expand (but for what)?

The only "drawbacks" are no overclocking (which haswell processors do not need), and lack of SLI support.
Overall, this is a very solid starting point for a mid-high end gaming system with a single card configuration.

Later on, if you want more threads, you can easy drop in a Xeon 1231v3.

aevanee

Reputable
Oct 20, 2015

So basically I'm missing out on SLI. I think I'll be alright. Thanks again man for the advice, I'll probably go ahead and order this setup tomorrow morning.

If I can pick your brain one more time, a bit off topic but I'm a bit concerned about replacing my motherboard along with everything else and being able to use the same copy of Windows I use now. I'm on Windows 7 but have the free upgrade to Windows 10 available to me right now. Do you have any experience/suggestions with this? Thanks so much again!

And one more thing, I'm going to be upgrading my GPU in a month or two, how do you like your 760?