Question Build my first PC won’t put any signal onto display

Feb 27, 2019
I’ve recently built my first gaming pc after upgrading from a Mac. The motherboard is powered, the Gpu is plugged it and connected. The cpu is in good. All the fans are spinning, mother board lights are going, but on the monitor nothing pops up or no signal. The motherboard has 4 LEDs and the led that is red and glowing is the VGA one. Any help would be appreciated.

Specs
X470 aureus ultra gaming motherboard
MSI GeForce Rtx 2070
Ryzen 5 2600X
Aegis DDR4 16GB ram 2x8
EVGA 750 GQ psu
Drevo 512gb ssd

Feb 27, 2019
I don’t really know what you mean by beep codes, but when I first press the power button on the case it makes some beeping. I’ve never installed anything else on PCs, first time. I don’t have any other pc to test it on. It has quite a bit a wiggle but I hear a click and the push pin clicks in similar to the ram.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I don’t really know what you mean by beep codes, but when I first press the power button on the case it makes some beeping. I’ve never installed anything else on PCs, first time. I don’t have any other pc to test it on. It has quite a bit a wiggle but I hear a click and the push pin clicks in similar to the ram.

What type of beeps do you hear and how many?
I.e. One long beep followed by 3 short beeps. Etc.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
One long beep followed by 3 short beeps along with VGA LED means GPU failure.
I'm assuming you've covered everything in the guide and ensured the GPU is properly connected. If you can't try the GPU in another PC - return it and get a replacement.

Kkimbo

Commendable
Apr 15, 2016
I’ve recently built my first gaming pc after upgrading from a Mac. The motherboard is powered, the Gpu is plugged it and connected. The cpu is in good. All the fans are spinning, mother board lights are going, but on the monitor nothing pops up or no signal. The motherboard has 4 LEDs and the led that is red and glowing is the VGA one. Any help would be appreciated.

Specs
X470 aureus ultra gaming motherboard
MSI GeForce Rtx 2070
Ryzen 5 2600X
Aegis DDR4 16GB ram 2x8
EVGA 750 GQ psu
Drevo 512gb ssd

I am having pretty much the same issue with new Asus Prime II motherboard with an Intel i9 processor. In trying to get the Windows 10 Pro installed in the Samsung 970 Pro nVMe card, I messed around with the BIOS settings, specifically, Boot, Above 4G Decoding, setting it to ON. Saved the BIOS changes, rebooted only get the blank screen and a d4 error code and a lit VGA LED.

Now, if I again reset the BIOS by pushing the CLEAR CMOS button on the mobo and rebooting, the system comes back to life (ASUS splash screen, green VGA LED) with a message to enter setup by pushing F1. This works and gets me back to BIOS setup. So, I don't think it is a hardware problem. BTW, the splash screen detect all the memory and the 970 M.2 card. Returning to the boot screen shows that 4G Decoding is ON as is Launch CSM. In disabling CSM the BIOS gives me message regarding the requirement to have a signed UEFI in all PCIe storage, including the M.2 card.

I'm still working this problem. FWIW ,I think the problem is a combination of BIOS settings and whatever is/was on the Samsung 970 Pro.

Kkimbo

Commendable
Apr 15, 2016
Take your RTX completely off.Try booting your pc just with the onboard gpu.If you manage to boot up,update your bios.Then reinstall your RTX.
My machine has a Quadro P2000 video card. Looks like my particular problem with the video LED was that I changed the Boot Configuration, Above 4G Decoding, from ON to OFF. Turns out the P2000 has 5Gb of memory. Changed the Above 4G Decoding to ON and now I get NO video LED and a display on my monitor. Still working on getting Windows installed on the Samsung 970 Pro M.2 board...