Oct 28, 2017
Hello everyone,

I have just put a build together consisting of
EVGA 750W B2 Power supply
MSI ZH77A-G43 Motherboard
intel i5-2320 processor
8 gigs of ddr3 ram
500gb hard drive

After putting it together it booted straight into the desktop as you would expect. Eventually, I got a pink screen and it crashed. Then I got various error messages when trying to reboot multiple times. Consisting of the new cpu or memory error. an error about the hard drive that I couldn't read because it went by too fast, I also could not replicate it. The error I am on right now is that when I turn it on, the fans start off at normal speed, still no display though. However, after a few seconds the fans all max their speeds out. After this happens it is impossible to turn the computer off with the power button, only the power supply switch works.
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, I don't think any componants are damaged, but I suppose it is a possibility. If anymore information would help this problem be addressed, please do not hesitate to ask me.
Thank you everyone.

lightningchicken

Prominent
Oct 28, 2017

Thank you for the reply. All parts are used except for the power supply and heatsink. I have tried ram in all slots, ram in first and third, ram in second and fourth, and ram in any slot. No differences as far as I can see. CPU cooler is well attached, when it did post I saw temperatures of 26 degrees Celsius at ambient. I could have gotten into the bios on the first post, but I did not. After that, no, I cannot get into the bios anymore.

lightningchicken

Prominent
Oct 28, 2017

Just seems odd to me that it would occasionally post. I don't have any idea what would cause that. The cpu seems to be seated properly, and has no visible damage.

lightningchicken

Prominent
Oct 28, 2017

I have, all seem to be in good condition. On a motherboard if the display adapter (i.e vga/hdmi ports) are damaged, it would not display, but would it also affect a video card? Because I tried with and without a video card and got nothing. Might be completely irrelevant. I'm just trying as many ideas as I can.

lightningchicken

Prominent
Oct 28, 2017

I got it to properly boot once, other times, it gets to the bios / splash screen and crashes shortly after. That can still be an issue with the motherboard? I'm far from an expert with motherboards

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Only way to tell for sure is to swap parts. Easiest is ram so if you know someone with a stick of ddr3 ram try that first. Otherwise it's cpu or motherboard. Since booting first time do i expect the cpu at least working which leaves the motherboard.

lightningchicken

Prominent
Oct 28, 2017

The HDD had windows 10 on it already, as it was the same motherboard as well, I did not wipe the HDD, and I did not install windows again.