Question Build now or wait?

Kyle6858

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2014
Hello everyone,
I am looking to upgrade my PC with either a a new ryzen 7 2700x or wait until the 300 editions come out. I like to stream on twitch for fun, but have been noticing a lot of lag in multitasking for work and games. What is everyone's thoughts?

Given the close timeframe to announcement/launch of 3000 series Zen 2, I would try and hold out a bit longer. That said 2nd Gen, Zen+, 2000 series are having great discounts leading up to launch. I also have a 2700X in my HTPC build, and can say it's a great CPU and no real issues worth mentioning. Plenty of power to multitask, stream, ect. What is your current setup consisting of?

Kyle6858

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2014
Given the close timeframe to announcement/launch of 3000 series Zen 2, I would try and hold out a bit longer. That said 2nd Gen, Zen+, 2000 series are having great discounts leading up to launch. I also have a 2700X in my HTPC build, and can say it's a great CPU and no real issues worth mentioning. Plenty of power to multitask, stream, ect. What is your current setup consisting of?

This is my current build.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Xv9mw6

Thanks for the update. Upgrade to Ryzen would be a nice upgrade for your plans. However, its possible when gaming at 1080P and not streaming you could lose a few FPS. Are you OCing at all? Generally at 1080, Intel can be faster without streaming factored in since running a higher clockspeed is possible. That said Haswell based is a bit lower IPC than 2nd Gen Ryzen.