pandasaurus

Commendable
Oct 30, 2016
So here's the set up as it stands:

IMG_4865.jpg

IMG_4868.jpg

Tower: Corsair 400c
Motherboard: MSI krait gaming 3x
CPU: Intel i7-6700k (OC'd to 4.6@1.275v)
Cooler: corsair h110igtx with ml140pro fans
GPU: asus nvidia strix RoG 1060 6gb OC edition
Sound card: Strix asus soar
PSU: evga superNOVA g2 750w gold
RAM: 2x8gb patriot viper 4 2888mhz ram
Wifi card: asus pce-ac56
SSD: Samsung evo 850 as primary 840 as secondary
Lighting: NZXT hue+ with extension kit
Support: msi gpu bolster bar (video cards got sag)
Fan: corsair dominator ram fan(primarily for lighting)

Set up: corsair h110igtx on the front wth fans in push format, run on performance
Top of tower has 2x ml140pro's as exhaust
On rear 1x ml120pro as exhaust

Ram fans run on low, primarily for lighting as well as to add a little extra air flow onto the mobo.

Big question here, what changes would you recommend, any card movement or additional things?
My strix soar sound card, is it worth having in there? It was given as a gift and still under "warranty" so it's still "returnable"/"exchangeable"

Basically looking for recommendations
As of now idle temps are at ~18-22c playing bf1 on all ultra 33-45c .

anti-duck

Honorable
I honestly wouldn't do anything, really nice rig :) Just take those bloody ugly cable ties off the pipes lol :p T here isn't any reason to have the sound card in if it isn't going to benefit you in any way over the onboard I/O. I just have an external sound card because I'm a bloody lazy slag and I can't be bothered reaching round the back of my computer when I want to either plug in or remove something.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
I'd mount the CPU rad to the top in pull configuration and as an exhaust.
At your current setup, there's no fresh cold air coming into your case. The air passing through the rad heats up and you'll get hot air delivered into your case.

anti-duck

Honorable

I disagree with that. The things that require cooling are hotter than the hot air coming through the radiator, the delta ambient temp inside the case is only going to equal the CPU delta temp, never exceed it. It has been shown to make negligible difference.

[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCZ5iP5cu8g"]Are front mounted radiators bad for your PC? [/video]

pandasaurus

Commendable
Oct 30, 2016
Unfortunately the radiator can't fit on the top, has to be on the front, was gonna do a push pull config, but my gpus like 3mm too long to being able to fit another set of ml140pro fans on it, cable ties, I know wire management needs to be solidified..
Sound cards in there cause I figured it may take some stress off my mobo but tbh idk if it's really doing anything.

pandasaurus

Commendable
Oct 30, 2016
Option I was thinking was to take the sound card out and maybe exchange it for a different the motherboard because it's the heat sinks on the mobo that's stopping the rad from the top, again though not sure if it's worth it, money I wouldn't mind spending of it'll allow me to hook it on the top

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador

pandasaurus

Commendable
Oct 30, 2016
Would you recommend I leave the current set up but swap from push to pull on the radiator? I think my only issue is id like to see more air flow inside the case, other option would be to measure out and drill a placement for a 200mm fan on the door....