Question Build Recommendations

Build in haste, repent at leisure.

Assuming your last post represents your current thinking:

1. ryzen depends on fast ram, you do not want a single stick which will run in single channel mode.

Buy a 2 x 4gb kit. 8gb is OK for just gaming.

2. 2200g included decent integrated graphics. The RX460 is an upgrade, but not much of one.
I would omit the rx460 and see how you do. Faast graphics card is most important to fast action shooters.
Games such as sims, MMO and strategy games will use the processor more.

3. Love a SSD for windows, but 120gb is just too small.
Many things default to the C drive. When it nears full, the drive will slow down and lose endurance.
I would omit the HDD, you can always add one later for bulk storage if you need to.
Buy a 240gb Samsung 860 evo
for reliability and performance.
It will hold a fair number of games. with 500gb you may never need a hard drive at all(I still have room on my 500gb ssd)

4. Buy only a QUALITY PSU.
Preferably tier 1/2 or possibly 3 on a list such as this:
450w will be ok for a card as good as a GTX1660ti or RTX2060.
I have no problem overprovisioning a PSU a bit. Say 20%.
It will allow for a stronger future graphics card upgrade.
It will run cooler, quieter, and more efficiently in the middle third of it's range.
A PSU will only use the wattage demanded of it, regardless of it's max capability.
I like the Seasonic focus units.

connor.j2000

Honorable
Aug 21, 2017
Build in haste, repent at leisure.

Assuming your last post represents your current thinking:

1. ryzen depends on fast ram, you do not want a single stick which will run in single channel mode.

Buy a 2 x 4gb kit. 8gb is OK for just gaming.

2. 2200g included decent integrated graphics. The RX460 is an upgrade, but not much of one.
I would omit the rx460 and see how you do. Faast graphics card is most important to fast action shooters.
Games such as sims, MMO and strategy games will use the processor more.

3. Love a SSD for windows, but 120gb is just too small.
Many things default to the C drive. When it nears full, the drive will slow down and lose endurance.
I would omit the HDD, you can always add one later for bulk storage if you need to.
Buy a 240gb Samsung 860 evo
for reliability and performance.
It will hold a fair number of games. with 500gb you may never need a hard drive at all(I still have room on my 500gb ssd)

4. Buy only a QUALITY PSU.
Preferably tier 1/2 or possibly 3 on a list such as this:
450w will be ok for a card as good as a GTX1660ti or RTX2060.
I have no problem overprovisioning a PSU a bit. Say 20%.
It will allow for a stronger future graphics card upgrade.
It will run cooler, quieter, and more efficiently in the middle third of it's range.
A PSU will only use the wattage demanded of it, regardless of it's max capability.
I like the Seasonic focus units.

Thanks for the advice. How does this look? https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/n3WB29