(Build suggestion) Gaming Pc build for $2500 with mouse,monitor, and keyboard included.

DorthyBoy

Commendable
Feb 26, 2016
Hey, I was looking for a good Pc build for about $2500 (mouse,keyboard,and monitor included ). I also prefer if it was easily expandable. Games I want to be able to play on high res, Witcher 3 Wild hunt, Guild Wars 2, Skyrim, Far Cry Primal, and Starwars Battlefront.

Solution
OP, what type of keyboard switch do you prefer? And do you need OS?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor ($374.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H5 Universal 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($46.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Micro ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard ($243.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($67.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 Nano 4GB Video Card (2-Way CrossFire) ($479.99 @ Micro Center)
Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 Nano 4GB Video Card (2-Way CrossFire) ($479.99 @ Micro Center)
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M ATX Mid Tower Case ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 850W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($109.99 @ NCIX US)
Monitor: AOC U2879VF 60Hz 28.0" Monitor ($349.99 @ Micro Center)
Keyboard: Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid-i Wired Standard Keyboard ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired Optical Mouse ($67.39 @ Amazon)
Total: $2491.07
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-02-27 00:25 EST-0500

Solution
Well, black/blue's beautiful. Just that nowadays, it's hard to make it work.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor ($374.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H5 Universal 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($46.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock X99 Extreme6/3.1 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard ($273.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2666 Memory ($94.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($87.00 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 Fury 4GB Video Card ($519.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Corsair Carbide Clear 600C ATX Mid Tower Case ($114.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: EVGA 1000W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($159.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit) ($87.95 @ OutletPC)
Monitor: Acer XG270HU 144Hz 27.0" Monitor ($399.99 @ Micro Center)
Keyboard: Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid-i Wired Standard Keyboard ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired Optical Mouse ($67.39 @ Amazon)
Total: $2358.13
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-02-27 01:56 EST-0500

fredfinks

Honorable

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($244.78 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 55.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($69.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Asus Z170 PRO GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($157.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 850 Pro Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($118.99 @ Micro Center)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($146.88 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($65.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB FTW ACX 2.0+ Video Card ($629.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Fractal Design Define R5 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($109.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Corsair 750W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($144.99 @ Amazon)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit) ($87.95 @ OutletPC)
Monitor: Samsung S32D850T 60Hz 32.0" Monitor ($579.00 @ B&H)
Total: $2446.42

Add keyboard, mouse. They are very subjective, due to personal comfort.
Top quality, reliable, 750gb of fast storage. I7 not required for gaming. 980ti on a 32" 1440p monitor.

Dont get asrock. Asus, then MSI, then gigabyte.

g-unit1111

Titan

Why do you need two SSDs? And on that budget it's 6700K or bust.

And I've had three Asrock boards, never had a single problem with any of them.

i5 for 2K and 4K?! And a GTX 980 Ti?
1) Higher resolutions have shown that extra cores are useful there.
2) GTX 980 Ti is a waste of money. The R9 Fury (X) and R9 Nano have shown to perform quite close to the GTX 980 Ti (980 Ti gains only 2-5 FPS), so you're kinda wasting money on the GTX 980 Ti.
3) No FreeSync? Nice. And you managed to make it cost $200 more.
4) You recommended a 750W PSU? I recommended one that is 1000W. AND it still maintains the quality, if not better.
5) 2 SSD's wasted. There's no point in 2 SSDs. You can only run RAID 0, which is pointless because it offers negligible performance improvement. RAID 1? Why do you need the redundancy? You can't even do RAID 5.

Ohhh, g-unit? Didn't realize about the AsROCK thing that fred said. Thanks!
Yep, deck out the Fatal1ty Z170 K4. Won the budget award from Tom's.

fredfinks

Honorable
c: o/s ssd
d: games & programs ssd.

Drives do their own workload simultaneously. The same applied for HDDs

Last year i saw returns first hand. Plenty of people havent had problems with corsairs CX range but we dont recommend them. Its % of failure.
Most reliable parts:

Intel CPUs
Crucial, kingston or corsair RAM.
Asus, then MSI, then gigabyte. (personally used & sold gigabyte builds for nearly 20 years. Theyve gotten worse & last year fully converted me)
Nivida GPUs
Intel, Samsung, Crucial of high end Sandisk SSDs. (Samsungs price/performance trumps for most builds)

I have the faintest idea what you're talking about. You also listed an HDD. What's that going to be for?!

And please, here are your myths:
1) Asus, MSI, then Gigabyte for motherboard and GPU?
1a) Heard of XFX, Sapphire, PowerColor, and EVGA? PowerColor's the least in quality of the list, but still, all of them are among the absolute finest. These are GPU brands that are all well respected, you know.
1b) AsROCK? Spin off from Asus. Some of the best brand for motherboards. Budget products? They make the finest, and packed with high-end features.
2) NVIDIA GPUs only? I'm no fanboy, but you need some debunking. The Fury X, Fury, and Nano are some of the finest products these days. They offer excellent performance, close in competition to GTX 980 Ti. AND they aren't power hungry.

And then you're recommending a PSU that's more costly than the SeaSonic-based EVGA SuperNOVA PS 1000W? That's 80+ Platinum, AND it's a SeaSonic unit. Same thing, but more expensive? Really?

The list of "most reliable parts" you made isn't reliable.

fredfinks

Honorable
1) where? post some benchmarks of a i5-600k @ 4.3~ ghz with 980ti vs 5820 on witcher 3 @ 1440p
2) Its AMD. You want headache free? You go intel & nvidia.
3) Its a TN 27" screen. 'gaming' monitors... If you want 27" go a nice IPS or PLS 1440p panel. 32" is a whole lot of nice screen area. While aus make the best boards i wouldnt touch their monitors apart form basic office setups. Same with Acer or AOC.
Samsung, Dell, LG in no order and BenQ last.
4) He doesnt need 1000w. You cant say its not overkill. If hes got more cash sure, but its not required. A 750w tier 1 is sufficient. (hell a 650w will do fine)
5) 2 SSDs totally not wasted. As said in last post. Their workload is done simultaneously. O/S needs to read write? its got its own drive. So does your programs. The same thing applied with HDDs. Just because SSDs are faster, the same logic holds true.

2) You're a fanboy? NVIDIA isn't exactly headache-free. Not to mention that some AMD GPU models have been very good these past years.
3) 32"? 60 Hz? I don't care about 32", but 72 FPS is going to dislike a 60 Hz panel... Oh, no GSync? Even worse. You are going for 32", but you're sacrificing a lot of creature comforts. And 32" with tearing isn't exactly more desirable over 27" and trouble-free. Oh, and did I mention that all the brands you mentioned are actually okay?
4) I'm giving him more $$$ WHILE having more watts. If you're hell bent on the lower wattage, why don't you go much cheaper?
5) 2 SSDs and a HDD is useless. Either 2 SSDs, 1 SSD and HDD, or simply 1 HDD. That's useful. As you've said, tasks are done simultaneously. But tell me the benefit of having 2 SSDs and 1 HDD? There are none. 1 drive stores Windows installation, then another drive stores data. What happens to the 3rd?

fredfinks

Honorable
HDD is for media storage, wtf do you think? You suggesting hes not going to store videos or music? even casual consumers need gbs of media storage.

1) they were mobo choices.
1a) Powercolour isnt readily available as the main brands. Same with XFX, im not knocking them. Sapphire yeah saw them - and their returns.
1b) Asrock yep they packed with features and terrible reliability.
2) Yeah fury is ok, absolutely. However im not going extend graces just for one good deed. They need gain some respect. 980ti is where its at.

Seasonic, oh sure didn't see that posted anywhere. If you can get 1000w seasonic PSU for same price. get it. No arguments there.

The reliable part list i made is very reliable. This is frist hand. I can tell you a mascot junk pc of death thats our warehosue staff made.
OCZ SSD, AMD, asrock mobo, sapphire AMD gpu, Geil ram (gskill lucky to get off), thermaltake psu.

Then why do you need another SSD? You could just install programs on HDD since you put 2 TB in there.
1) AsROCK, MSI, Asus, and Gigabyte are right up there with quality. And AsROCK usually packs good features into their low end products. How else do they get Fatal1ty's recommendation? They use high quality components and actually have budget in mind.
2) PowerColor is readily available... And Sapphire Tri-X is one of the best coolers out there. Oh, just as reliable as most others.I've seen more problems with Asus and MSI more than Sapphire.
3) It's worth more to get the Fury over the 980 Ti...

Your list has some of the most reliable components, sure. But my build offers the color scheme OP kinda leaned in for, better price/performance, reliability, and managed to cost a lot less than yours. OP will pay ~$200 more even without accessories with your build.

fredfinks

Honorable
As keep on saying, its splits the workload over multiple drives. this has been done for decades. Though there is nothing wrong with getting a 1tb SSD and a HDD for media storage. However it's more expensive.

Fata1ly! Thats fanboyism. Hey guy, hold this pepsi and tout its great taste for $1million. Gaming sponsorship, christ almighty. What a wank.
Oh look, here another ROG swift monitor in for RMA. How surprising....

Yes powercolur isnt as readily available. Absolutely. Im not saying you cant get them. Everyone stocks EVGA, gigabyte or MSI cards. In both Australia or US. Thats not the case with powercolour. Again im not knocking them.

Colour schemes. Thats the problem with enthusiast PC industry. Too focused on colors, LEDS & flashy heatsinks. Here have a window mouse. Light it up like a christmas tree. Extra mhz for all.

Splits workloads... Lol. How about get 5 SSDs for that? No... You recommended a 2 TB HDD. That could store the said data on there, which would be enough.

And I'm not fanboying. Heck, I don't even WATCH reports. I'm a bigger fan of single player games. My point is, the Fatal1ty brand has spawned high quality products. Brands such as AsROCK, OCZ (PSU, OEM used is Sirfa, Enhanced, PCP&P, FSP) and SSDs. They are known to have excellent pricing, performance, and reliability.

PowerColor is READILY available. It's so easy to pick up and AMD card with their coolers...

Performance to a point begins to lose value. You overdone your build for so called "reliability" and you are paying dearly for it. I gave about the same for less. That's what AMD is trying to push for: being the obvious choice. And no, the color scheme is an extra for the build. You realize what components I chose? All high quality AND some even have a hint of colors.

fredfinks

Honorable
Youre not getting it. The HDD is for media storage. It stores videos, music and dumps torrent downloads there.
1tb SSD is more expensive than a 250gb o/s & a 500gb program drive. Also any time the O/S wants to read or write at the same time as the other drive, they can both do their work simultaneously. Without any queuing.

OCZ is not a high quality brand. The most unreliable SSDs ever produced. Forums years ago even had warnings in bold - "DO NOT BUY OCZ SSDS"
Asrock is not a high quality brand. The features are excellent, its their quality control thats the problem.
The fact that youre buying into gaming sponsorship nonsense from a guy who calls himself Fata1ty one says it all. Its crap for pimply teenagers.

Thats it. Do what you will. OP, i hope youve taken something from all this.

1) I'm not getting it? You have a 2TB drive. Unless you're going to set up one SSD as a cache, one of the SSD is going to be used as boot disk, and the other one has no function.

2) OCZ memory and power supplies were one of the best back in the day...

3) AsROCK is high quality. Just to give you a clue what you're saying is wrong, even a mod called you out for it. Now do you believe me? I haven't ever seen a problem with AsROCK on this forum unless someone like you argues about the quality.

4) No, it doesn't. You don't get my point. Fatal1ty pretty much contracts people to rebrand their products. The brands chosen are all excellent brands like AsROCK, OCZ, and FirePower. I do not recommend Fatal1ty's stuff because of who he is. I do it because it happened to be cheap and good.

g-unit1111

Titan

1. Whoa whoa whoa... you don't want to get into piracy. That can cost you. That is a huge no no here.

2. Not since they got bought by Toshiba - since switching to Toshiba produced NAND their reliability has improved immensely. Plus I've owned and used a couple of OCZ SSDs - they are not bad at all.

3. Yes they are. My current rig uses a Z97 Extreme 6, I have my 4670K overclocked to 4.3 GHz and it's running very smoothly with almost no change in CPU temperature from before I overclocked.

You clearly have outdated information here. Also please watch the personal attacks here or this thread will be closed and sanctions may be levied against your account. Fair warning.

USAFRet

Titan
umm...multiple SSD's.
My main box has 4.

1 for OS and applications - 250GB 840 EVO
1 for photo work - 250GB 840 EVO
1 for games and other stuff - 960GB Sandisk Ultra II, only because it was too cheap to pass up.
1 for Lightroom cache space (older 120GB) Kingston HyperX3k (4 years old)
3TB HDD for backup purposes

Granted, I did not get all of these at once. For just a games machine, multiple SSD's are probably not needed.