okay guys I need your help with troubleshooting my new build
SPECS:
PSU- evga 650w G2 (80+ gold)
CPU- intel core i7 7700k
MOBO: msi z270 gaming plus
GPU: zotac gtx 1080ti amp edition
RAM: corsair vengeance ddr4

So here is the issue i'm having
The computer is able to fully boot and functions perfectly fine with the GPU removed from the build and the display port connected from the monitor to the motherboard. However, when I put the graphics card into the build it fails to boot, no fans start and no lights from the motherboard turn on. This graphics card has 2 8-pin connectors which I have both plugged in to my PSU using two separate VGA cables, connecting the 6+2 pin connectors to the slots on the graphics card. Above where the power is connected to the card it lights up solid green indicating that the card is receiving sufficient power. From this point, if i try connecting the display port cable to either the graphics card or the motherboard, the computer fails to post. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution

Definitly worth a try.
If your PC does boot just fine with that 660 its pretty clear that something is wrong with the 1080ti. If the PC doesnt even seem to boot with the 1080ti then i suspect some kind short circuit.
With the Graphicscard in: does it boot in the Background without giving you a Signal or is it like "Hit start 0,5 seconds fan spins and click dead"? You already know that your GPU is the problem - Do you have a second GPU to hand? can be literally any GPU with a PCIe Interface

Definitly worth a try.
If your PC does boot just fine with that 660 its pretty clear that something is wrong with the 1080ti. If the PC doesnt even seem to boot with the 1080ti then i suspect some kind short circuit.

Solution