Build wont turn on

DanGi_CSGO

Honorable
Jun 30, 2016
So I had to buy a new MoBo, CPU, and heat sink after a bit of an accident. I bought the same motherboard as before (because I knew what to expect) and a new CPU and heat sink, along with a new SSD. I have wired it up the same way as before (from what I remember) but it wont power up. I can only think that maybe the MoBo is fake because the USB 3.0 port didn't have a plastic housing around it on the last one and this one does, or I have forgotten where the front panel power switch is meant to go. The LED's light up when the power switch is flipped but when I press the power button on the front panel the fans down move.

Specs:
i5 8600k
GTX 960
ASUS B250-plus
CX600M
WD Blue 1TB
Hyper X 120GB
Kingston 240GB

Solution
No I do not think anything is wrong other than the ASUS B250 Plus motherboard not supporting coffee lake so the 8600K wont work. I have checked the motherboard page and it says only 6th and 7th Gen Intel CPU's...so you need at least a Z370 motherboard if you want overclocking as well or any H310, H370 or B360 motherboards for just your standard fare..

PS the 8600K will work on the new motherboard....so nothing to worry about on the damage front...
No I do not think anything is wrong other than the ASUS B250 Plus motherboard not supporting coffee lake so the 8600K wont work. I have checked the motherboard page and it says only 6th and 7th Gen Intel CPU's...so you need at least a Z370 motherboard if you want overclocking as well or any H310, H370 or B360 motherboards for just your standard fare..

PS the 8600K will work on the new motherboard....so nothing to worry about on the damage front...

Solution

DanGi_CSGO

Honorable
Jun 30, 2016

My brain just saw the 1151 socket and thought it would be fine. Thanks for your time

No problems at all..At least you know everything is going to be okay...all the best.

TRENDING THREADS