[SOLVED] Building a 9900k PC need advice on Cabinet

masti.faltoo

Commendable
Jan 30, 2019
Building a new PC with i9 9900K cpu /Z390 Aorus Master/16gb/Corsair H150i 360mm cooler ... etc ... I was earlier looking to fit everything in my old Cooler Master HAF X but now decided to buy a new full tower case for it...

I have max budget of INR 16000 or $225 ... i want a full tower and not a mid tower

Earlier I shortlisted Thermaltake View 71 case but when I saw it is not completely closed from left and right (the glass window door both left and right doesnt close completely may be the design, but that make it prone to dust... suitable for clean and dust free environment)

But now I shortlisted Phantek Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass (Though doesnt look nice from the front) , no front fan controller

and Corsair Graphite Series 780T ....

Both are very old ... may be introduced in 2015 .... but I an more inclined towards Phantek Enthoo Luxe for its steel body and hidden I/O panel ...

Can u guys suggest which one should I choose or any suggestion on choosing any other full tower whch is newly introduced and fits my budget.... plz suggest me case tht is available in Indian Market

Solution
Not really sure how else to explain my logic. A top mounted 280mm radiator occupies that much length, why we call it that. The front mounted radiator has a set thickness, with a minimum of 20mm or so. Most fans are 25mm thick. So in the same plane that we care about there is at least 350mm, you want to mount a 360mm radiator, and from the pictures they have posted there is additional space between the top mounted radiator and the front mounted radiator. The total interior length then is greater than 350mm, and by eyeballing it, that is more than 10mm, so a 360mm radiator should fit.

The manufacturer lists 360mm radiators as supported. Not a 100% guarantee as each radiator and cooler are designed slightly differently, but most conform...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I do like the Enthoo series. A good mix of modularity, radiator support and general build quality. Not the highest end case but it isn't lacking any significant features.

780T is another decent candidate. I can't really fault it as a choice. Has better airflow than the Enthoo I would guess. Though not as clean of an interior. Enthoo looks more professional.

Though I am not a huge fan of full towers. I can't conceive of a build where I need that much room. These days I could probably get away with a Micro ATX tower or even Mini ITX if I cut back on the water cooling a little. (I do have a Mini-ITX build with an SSD and two drive raid array) That said, I think full tower development is much slower than mid-tower, so you might find there are a lot of older models laying around. More margin but less sales.

I'm not seeing a huge offering in India without hitting up all the re-sellers, and searching for computer parts is tedious on those places.

Reactions: masti.faltoo

WildCard999

Titan

masti.faltoo

Commendable
Jan 30, 2019
I do like the Enthoo series. A good mix of modularity, radiator support and general build quality. Not the highest end case but it isn't lacking any significant features.

780T is another decent candidate. I can't really fault it as a choice. Has better airflow than the Enthoo I would guess. Though not as clean of an interior. Enthoo looks more professional.

Though I am not a huge fan of full towers. I can't conceive of a build where I need that much room. These days I could probably get away with a Micro ATX tower or even Mini ITX if I cut back on the water cooling a little. (I do have a Mini-ITX build with an SSD and two drive raid array) That said, I think full tower development is much slower than mid-tower, so you might find there are a lot of older models laying around. More margin but less sales.

I'm not seeing a huge offering in India without hitting up all the re-sellers, and searching for computer parts is tedious on those places.

Can u suggest me a mid range mid-tower case that is impressive and not too costly... One such case I found is Nzxt H700i... Keeping in mind that I have corsair H150i 360mm cooler to be mounted on the top

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
It claims too. Their promo picture shows two 280mm radiators in there, front is push/pull. So 280mm+25mm fan +20mm radiator + 25mm at the thinnest = 350mm, and by the picture there is a decently sized gap between the two so about 380mm I would guess. Overall case length is 494mm, so in this example I think the 280mm radiator mounts a little farther from the back of the case than the 360mm would, maybe.

Radiator SupportFront: 2 x 140 or 3 x 120mm with Push/Pull
Top: 2 x 140 or 3 x 120
Rear: 1 x 120
Fan SupportFront: 3 x 120/2 x 140mm (3 Aer F120 Case Version included)
Top: 3 x 120/2 x 140mm
Rear: 1 x 120/1 x 140mm (1 Aer F140 Case Version included)

masti.faltoo

Commendable
Jan 30, 2019
It claims too. Their promo picture shows two 280mm radiators in there, front is push/pull. So 280mm+25mm fan +20mm radiator + 25mm at the thinnest = 350mm, and by the picture there is a decently sized gap between the two so about 380mm I would guess. Overall case length is 494mm, so in this example I think the 280mm radiator mounts a little farther from the back of the case than the 360mm would, maybe.

Radiator SupportFront: 2 x 140 or 3 x 120mm with Push/Pull
Top: 2 x 140 or 3 x 120
Rear: 1 x 120
Fan SupportFront: 3 x 120/2 x 140mm (3 Aer F120 Case Version included)
Top: 3 x 120/2 x 140mm
Rear: 1 x 120/1 x 140mm (1 Aer F140 Case Version included)

Sir I couldn't get you... Will it finally support H150i 360mm cooler or not?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Not really sure how else to explain my logic. A top mounted 280mm radiator occupies that much length, why we call it that. The front mounted radiator has a set thickness, with a minimum of 20mm or so. Most fans are 25mm thick. So in the same plane that we care about there is at least 350mm, you want to mount a 360mm radiator, and from the pictures they have posted there is additional space between the top mounted radiator and the front mounted radiator. The total interior length then is greater than 350mm, and by eyeballing it, that is more than 10mm, so a 360mm radiator should fit.

The manufacturer lists 360mm radiators as supported. Not a 100% guarantee as each radiator and cooler are designed slightly differently, but most conform to only having small endcap/reservoirs which makes them exceed the "280mm" or "360mm" measurement, but that is intended.

There are certainly closed looped and open looped coolers that exceed these dimensions. So taking measurements from anywhere you can get them when purchasing sight unseen is simply prudent.

I could go on about what support for a radiator type means. You also have vertical height to deal with and where the fans can be mounted. Push/Pull or Push or Pull only. Some cases offer room on the outside for fans, some only interior space. Some have specific chambers for radiators and fans.

A lot of cases have the appropriate mount points for radiators, but that is only because they are the same size and mounting pattern for fans of equal size. Those cases are only designed with the 25mm thickness of fans in mind.

In this case their promo material has radiators mounted, not the exact ones you want, thus using the existing evidence and logic to measure something without tools. You could go as far as getting the models of the parts they used, getting their official specs, taking the image supplied and measuring that length to the pixel and comparing it with the empty space to see how big that gap really is. That would be a near exact measurement, but it seems unnecessary given all the above.

Reactions: masti.faltoo
Solution