Question Building a Budget Gaming PC - Questions

Jun 20, 2019
I am currently working on a budget pc. I've been playing CSGO, Garry's mod, Overwatch, etc on my Surface Pro 4. Needless to say, even on low settings I get frustrated lol. I got a decent deal on some parts, so I am kind of working with those now, but I'm not over selling a couple of them and spending a little more money for a better pc if needed. I should note that this is my first PC build and I don't know a whole lot about it, but I do have a friend who is going to help me build it.

Parts List (Currently Have):

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor
Motherboard: Asus - PRIME B450M-A/CSM Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
RAM: GeIL - EVO POTENZA 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory, I have support for up to 4 port 64gb, so may end up buying another 2x4gb if needed
GPU: PowerColor - Radeon RX 570 4 GB RED DRAGON Video Card
Power Supply: EVGA - BR 500 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

I've already got a monitor, keyboard and mouse. I currently still need a case (looking for a microATX/ATX compatible in case of upgrade later), CPU cooler, I'll probably locate some old SSD/HDD later, I have a USB disc drive for windows installation so having a drive isn't important.

What is the bottleneck in my setup? Should I consider selling any of the parts and upgrading to something with roughly the same value but better performance? I don't play a lot of super heavy games but it would be nice to have a little extra in case I decide to later.

Anything else I'm missing?

May 30, 2019
I am currently working on a budget pc. I've been playing CSGO, Garry's mod, Overwatch, etc on my Surface Pro 4. Needless to say, even on low settings I get frustrated lol. I got a decent deal on some parts, so I am kind of working with those now, but I'm not over selling a couple of them and spending a little more money for a better pc if needed. I should note that this is my first PC build and I don't know a whole lot about it, but I do have a friend who is going to help me build it.

Parts List (Currently Have):

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor
Motherboard: Asus - PRIME B450M-A/CSM Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
RAM: GeIL - EVO POTENZA 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory, I have support for up to 4 port 64gb, so may end up buying another 2x4gb if needed
GPU: PowerColor - Radeon RX 570 4 GB RED DRAGON Video Card
Power Supply: EVGA - BR 500 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

I've already got a monitor, keyboard and mouse. I currently still need a case (looking for a microATX/ATX compatible in case of upgrade later), CPU cooler, I'll probably locate some old SSD/HDD later, I have a USB disc drive for windows installation so having a drive isn't important.

What is the bottleneck in my setup? Should I consider selling any of the parts and upgrading to something with roughly the same value but better performance? I don't play a lot of super heavy games but it would be nice to have a little extra in case I decide to later.

Anything else I'm missing?
That spec should be okay with all that games, but you should thinking to use higher and faster DDR4 memory, and maybe RX 580.