[SOLVED] Building a budget PC, I'm in need of suggestions

Gladdo5

Reputable
Oct 29, 2016
Hey guys, I saved up some money and decided to try to build a budget gaming PC, do you have any suggestions on what could I change/improve/replace without changing the price margin by a lot? I never built a PC from scratch but from some googling these are the parts that I thought were the best for my price range. Also keep in mind im from third-world country so prices are actually sometimes higher & amazon shipping fees are stupid crazy, so all my buying is from retail stores & or used.

I'd really like your imput, thanks in advance :)

SPECS:

RAM: 8GB DIMM DDR4 8GB 2666MHz Kingston HyperX Fury Black CL16 (people told me that I don't need more RAM speed because I don't have high end GPU)

GPU: Sapphire rx 570 Pulse

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600

PSU: Evga BQ 600W (this one hurts the most since its 75 eur but i couldn't find anything that's good enough to replace this one)

Mobo: ASROCK B450M-Pro4

Storage: 500GB HDD (will replace with SSD later on)

Case: TBD

Solution
You prefer to have a stronger CPU than GPU. If you have a cpu to weak for a gpu, your games will stutter and you'll have a hard time working it out if you could at all. If the gpu is weaker than your CPU, then then the CPU should be able to max it out.

Also, if you're looking at the 2600 vs the 1600. Look and see if they have the 1600 af. If I recall, I've seen that they are making a bunch of 2600 CPUs, but they apparently had a bunch of 1st generation memory controllers left over, and were basically making those 2600s as lower cost 1600 CPUs and using the older memory controllers.

https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3547-amd-r5-1600-af-cpu-review-best-cpu-under-100

So you could probably go that route to save some money.
do you have any suggestions on what could I change/improve/replace without changing the price margin by a lot?
We need to know what country you're shopping in to help with that question. And while you're at it, what's your budget (in your local currency)

You absolutely can benefit from 16GB RAM. Also, get a 2x4GB or 2x8GB kit of RAM instead of a single stick.

I
Hey guys, I saved up some money and decided to try to build a budget gaming PC, do you have any suggestions on what could I change/improve/replace without changing the price margin by a lot? I never built a PC from scratch but from some googling these are the parts that I thought were the best for my price range. Also keep in mind im from third-world country so prices are actually sometimes higher & amazon shipping fees are stupid crazy, so all my buying is from retail stores & or used.

SPECS:

RAM: 8GB DIMM DDR4 8GB 2666MHz Kingston HyperX Fury Black CL16 (people told me that I don't need more RAM speed because I don't have high end GPU)

PSU: Evga BQ 600W (this one hurts the most since its 75 eur but i couldn't find anything that's good enough to replace this one)

is a 2600 doable? And you will Benefit from faster ram because not all games are GPU intensive.

Gladdo5

Reputable
Oct 29, 2016
We need to know what country you're shopping in to help with that question. And while you're at it, what's your budget (in your local currency)

You absolutely can benefit from 16GB RAM. Also, get a 2x4GB or 2x8GB kit of RAM instead of a single stick.

Serbia, and 16GB of ram shouldnt be that much more expensive if there's a benefit.

You prefer to have a stronger CPU than GPU. If you have a cpu to weak for a gpu, your games will stutter and you'll have a hard time working it out if you could at all. If the gpu is weaker than your CPU, then then the CPU should be able to max it out.

Also, if you're looking at the 2600 vs the 1600. Look and see if they have the 1600 af. If I recall, I've seen that they are making a bunch of 2600 CPUs, but they apparently had a bunch of 1st generation memory controllers left over, and were basically making those 2600s as lower cost 1600 CPUs and using the older memory controllers.

https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3547-amd-r5-1600-af-cpu-review-best-cpu-under-100

So you could probably go that route to save some money.

Solution

Gladdo5

Reputable
Oct 29, 2016
Not really, remember the GPU doesn’t graphical work the CPU does a lot regarding physics etc. A lot of games are leveraging the CPU now.

Ait, ill def get the 2600 since it aint that much more expensive, one more thing, do you have issue with any of these parts, like i said i never really built a pc and im guessing all off these, do they "click", like is the PSU good and is the mobo good enough for cpu/gpu

Jan 8, 2020

SPECS:

Is it possible to replace the CPU and the RAM?
16 GB RAM is recommended on most modern AAA games released today plus if you have two RAM sticks you get dual channel.
When it comes to the CPU i would have gone with the Ryzen 5 2600 for a little more performance.
But if you don't have to money for it you could always upgrade later when you feel the need for it!

Ait, ill def get the 2600 since it aint that much more expensive, one more thing, do you have issue with any of these parts, like i said i never really built a pc and im guessing all off these, do they "click", like is the PSU good and is the mobo good enough for cpu/gpu
Make sure the RAM is compatible with the board (check the list on the MB website)

get a good case to build in. Cheap cases don’t have much room and are sharp. I’d ask if you could find a NZXT s340 or H400 but they might be a tad expensive for toy.

Gladdo5

Reputable
Oct 29, 2016
Is it possible to replace the CPU and the RAM?
16 GB RAM is recommended on most modern AAA games released today plus if you have two RAM sticks you get dual channel.
When it comes to the CPU i would have gone with the Ryzen 5 2600 for a little more performance.
But if you don't have to money for it you could always upgrade later when you feel the need for it!
Im gonna get one 8GB stick, so i can upgrade it later to 16gb, should work fine for now with 8GB 3000MHz i believe. And ye ill get 5 2600 aswell, thanks for helping out

Gladdo5

Reputable
Oct 29, 2016
Make sure the RAM is compatible with the board (check the list on the MB website)

get a good case to build in. Cheap cases don’t have much room and are sharp. I’d ask if you could find a NZXT s340 or H400 but they might be a tad expensive for toy.

The thing is I checked multiple RAM's that I wanted to purchase (All HyperX) and none of them are on the list:

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B450M Pro4/index.asp#MemoryPR

The rams:

HX432C16PB3K2/16

HX432C16FB3/8

HX432C16PB3/8

The only one i found on the list is HX430C15PB3/8 but it's more expensive since it's HyperX Predator.

How in the hell none of those other rams fit it?

The thing is I checked multiple RAM's that I wanted to purchase (All HyperX) and none of them are on the list:

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B450M Pro4/index.asp#MemoryPR

The rams:

HX432C16PB3K2/16

HX432C16FB3/8

HX432C16PB3/8

The only one i found on the list is HX430C15PB3/8 but it's more expensive since it's HyperX Predator.

How in the hell none of those other rams fit it?
It’s for system stability, they fit in the slot but are likely to cause crashes and BSODs. Ryzen is picky with ram, check the list for the 2600 and 1600 as they’ll be different. You could also look at other motherboards

Gladdo5

Reputable
Oct 29, 2016
It’s for system stability, they fit in the slot but are likely to cause crashes and BSODs. Ryzen is picky with ram, check the list for the 2600 and 1600 as they’ll be different. You could also look at other motherboards

Thing is asrock pro4 is the best budget one i found out. Others for this price are just way worse it seems.

Also this, im not going over 3200 anyways

Thing is asrock pro4 is the best budget one i found out. Others for this price are just way worse it seems.

Also this, im not going over 3200 anyways
You’re not going over 3200? Memory speed? Doesn’t matter what speed you run them at if they’re not compatible they’re not compatible