[SOLVED] Building a Budget Streaming and Gaming PC

CaptainCanoy

Reputable
Nov 4, 2020
Hello Person who's reading this,
I was thinking of buying a new components or parts for my potato pc because all my parts is:

Intel Pentium G2030
Samsung 4GB RAM (IDK what's the mhz is)
WD 250GB Caviar Blue
ECS H61H2-M17
700 Watts PSU (don't know the brand)

I don't have any Graphics Card in there and I'm not gonna buy a new motherboard and just buy some other parts and I listed some of this because of the price and my research:

Intel i7-3770k or 3770 or 2600K or 2600
MSI or ZOTAC GTX 760
(some brand) 2x 8GB 1600 Mhz
Kingston A400 240GB SSD
PCIe x1 USB 3.0 Ports (cause there's no 3.0 ports on my board)

That's far as how I planned for my Dream PC and still don't know if it's good for Gaming or even Streaming ...

Share your thoughts for my Plan!!!
Thank You in Advance!!!

Solution
The Weird thing is AMD Ryzen 3100 is available in my country and its price is at $127 and the Motherboard I can find that is compatible is ASUS A320M-K that is priced only at $57 but GTX 1650 is at $153. The i3-10100 is not available in here and that is weird too. So the total of that build $337, is that pretty good for cheap budget and for streaming and gaming? Oh and the RAM is not included yet because I can't find any cheap ones that is good.
You need to get the 1650 super, not the normal 1650, since that one doesn't support NVENC.

Also, that is pretty much scraping the barrel for streaming.
While encoding is done on the gpu with NVENC, the cpu still manages it, and having only 4 cores is really not ideal. It will work, but...
Hello Person who's reading this,
I was thinking of buying a new components or parts for my potato pc because all my parts is:

Intel Pentium G2030
Samsung 4GB RAM (IDK what's the mhz is)
WD 250GB Caviar Blue
ECS H61H2-M17
700 Watts PSU (don't know the brand)

I don't have any Graphics Card in there and I'm not gonna buy a new motherboard and just buy some other parts and I listed some of this because of the price and my research:

Intel i7-3770k or 3770 or 2600K or 2600
MSI or ZOTAC GTX 760
(some brand) 2x 8GB 1600 Mhz
Kingston A400 240GB SSD
PCIe x1 USB 3.0 Ports (cause there's no 3.0 ports on my board)

That's far as how I planned for my Dream PC and still don't know if it's good for Gaming or even Streaming ...

Share your thoughts for my Plan!!!
Thank You in Advance!!!
That will be a pretty sizeable upgrade, but there are a couple things.

Until I know what psu it has exactly, I don't think i'll trust a "700watt" from 2013.

But aside from that, that pc will be good for gaming, but scraping the barrel for streaming, and I wouldn't recommend it for that.
It will probably not be a great experience, and you will drop frames.
If you wanted to stream for real, going just a little higher to a 1650 super with the new NVENC encoder will be a HUGE uplift.

Here's the kicker though, You should probably buy a new computer.
You could probably get a pc more than 2 times as good, for 2 times as much.

Sadly motherboards don't live forever, and I believe such a low end, and old motherboard will not survive for much longer, since capacitors do age, and do fall off.
Also, while the i7 3770 is "supported" I don't think it will run on such pinner, and old VRMs.

Getting, say an i3 10100 for 80$, and some 8 gig 2666mhz ddr4 stick say 25$, a new ssd and some H410 board like 50$ and keeping the old psu and case, then throw the best gpu your budget allows (could also be used, but I believe the NVENC encoder on newer cards would be good for you) will be much better than that old pc (i'd put it at around an order of magnitude better with an i3 10300, and a gtx 1650 super) and cost just a couple dollars more.

Reactions: 2plash6

CaptainCanoy

Reputable
Nov 4, 2020
That will be a pretty sizeable upgrade, but there are a couple things.

Until I know what psu it has exactly, I don't think i'll trust a "700watt" from 2013.

But aside from that, that pc will be good for gaming, but scraping the barrel for streaming, and I wouldn't recommend it for that.
It will probably not be a great experience, and you will drop frames.
If you wanted to stream for real, going just a little higher to a 1650 super with the new NVENC encoder will be a HUGE uplift.

Here's the kicker though, You should probably buy a new computer.
You could probably get a pc more than 2 times as good, for 2 times as much.

Sadly motherboards don't live forever, and I believe such a low end, and old motherboard will not survive for much longer, since capacitors do age, and do fall off.
Also, while the i7 3770 is "supported" I don't think it will run on such pinner, and old VRMs.

Getting, say an i3 10100 for 80$, and some 8 gig 2666mhz ddr4 stick say 25$, a new ssd and some H410 board like 50$ and keeping the old psu and case, then throw the best gpu your budget allows (could also be used, but I believe the NVENC encoder on newer cards would be good for you) will be much better than that old pc (i'd put it at around an order of magnitude better with an i3 10300, and a gtx 1650 super) and cost just a couple dollars more.
Thank you for your reply, but I think if I'm gonna change into 10th Generation Processors, I'm gonna go to AMD if that's ok and I don't exactly what Graphics Card I'm gonna buy with an NVEMC supported cards cause I'm just researching in Youtube with cheap graphics card that is good and I don't know if I'm gonna bottleneck of what I researched and planned but I'm not exactly sure of what I'm gonna buy now.

Do you have any suggestions of what build am I gonna buy that is good for streaming and gaming and I think 720p in streaming is enough for me cause all I want is some entertainment for the viewers and is cheap for my budget because I don't have any enough money. And after all, I'm just planning this ahead for my future.

Thank you for your reply, but I think if I'm gonna change into 10th Generation Processors, I'm gonna go to AMD if that's ok and I don't exactly what Graphics Card I'm gonna buy with an NVEMC supported cards cause I'm just researching in Youtube with cheap graphics card that is good and I don't know if I'm gonna bottleneck of what I researched and planned but I'm not exactly sure of what I'm gonna buy now.

Do you have any suggestions of what build am I gonna buy that is good for streaming and gaming and I think 720p in streaming is enough for me cause all I want is some entertainment for the viewers and is cheap for my budget because I don't have any enough money. And after all, I'm just planning this ahead for my future.
The 1650 super is the cheapest card with NVENC support.

Amd is mostly the same, but ryzen 3100 is out of stock everywhere like 100% of the time, and the i3 10100 is cheaper by like, 20$, which for a budget build is a lot.

CaptainCanoy

Reputable
Nov 4, 2020
The 1650 super is the cheapest card with NVENC support.

Amd is mostly the same, but ryzen 3100 is out of stock everywhere like 100% of the time, and the i3 10100 is cheaper by like, 20$, which for a budget build is a lot.
The Weird thing is AMD Ryzen 3100 is available in my country and its price is at $127 and the Motherboard I can find that is compatible is ASUS A320M-K that is priced only at $57 but GTX 1650 is at $153. The i3-10100 is not available in here and that is weird too. So the total of that build $337, is that pretty good for cheap budget and for streaming and gaming? Oh and the RAM is not included yet because I can't find any cheap ones that is good.

You need to get the 1650 super, not the normal 1650, since that one doesn't support NVENC.

While encoding is done on the gpu with NVENC, the cpu still manages it, and having only 4 cores is really not ideal. It will work, but you might have to lower the bitrate or something like that.

for just gaming this is actually a pretty solid budget build.

Solution

CaptainCanoy

Reputable
Nov 4, 2020

While encoding is done on the gpu with NVENC, the cpu still manages it, and having only 4 cores is really not ideal. It will work, but you might have to lower the bitrate or something like that.

for just gaming this is actually a pretty solid budget build.
I was thinkng of playing some old games like Medal of Honor Pacific Assault or Call of Duty or anything that is old but gold games that I will stream just for fun if it's gonna be the consequence for the frame drops for the latest games and it's gonna be my first stream if I wanna experience streaming around the internet. Is it gonna be smooth if I play like that old games?

I was thinkng of playing some old games like Medal of Honor Pacific Assault or Call of Duty or anything that is old but gold games that I will stream just for fun if it's gonna be the consequence for the frame drops for the latest games and it's gonna be my first stream if I wanna experience streaming around the internet. Is it gonna be smooth if I play like that old games?
Yes.
But 1 day you might want to actually play a "new" game, so I still suggest going with the 3600.
Upgrading gpu in the future is very easy, while upgrading cpu, while possible, it's less user friendly and also usually not as important as long as you have a current gen, mid tier cpu like the 3600.

CaptainCanoy

Reputable
Nov 4, 2020
Yes.
But 1 day you might want to actually play a "new" game, so I still suggest going with the 3600.
Upgrading gpu in the future is very easy, while upgrading cpu, while possible, it's less user friendly and also usually not as important as long as you have a current gen, mid tier cpu like the 3600.
What if I use a Laptop as my output as my streaming, does it still work?

CaptainCanoy

Reputable
Nov 4, 2020
I think so, but I've never streamed before and don't know a lot about it.
So I tried to search for other cheap Graphics Cards and CPU that is great for streaming but then I remembered that some streamers use NDI Output so they transfer all Scenes to other Desktop or Laptops for the Main PC to prevent poor performance for gaming. Is it possible that I can just use some laptop that is good then i'm good to go?

So I tried to search for other cheap Graphics Cards and CPU that is great for streaming but then I remembered that some streamers use NDI Output so they transfer all Scenes to other Desktop or Laptops for the Main PC to prevent poor performance for gaming. Is it possible that I can just use some laptop that is good then i'm good to go?
like I said, I don't really know.
You should put another post up with that question to bump it.

Reactions: CaptainCanoy