Building a Computer for Girlfriend and it’s not Posting

Jan 5, 2019
Building a computer for my girlfriend and I have all the parts in. Finished the build then went to boot it. The computer will turn on, run for about 15-20 seconds without any display and then turn off for 2-3 before repeating this cycle continuously until it’s unplugged from the wall. All the fans and RGB will light up while it’s on and then stop for the 2-3 seconds it turns off. The power supply fan never stops turning though. The keyboard and mouse are plugged in but no power is going to them to activate the LED’s. Any ideas how to fix it?

Specs:
~Ryzen 2200g
~Asrock B450 gaming-itx/ac
~Radeon ROG Strix RX 570
~Roswell Hive 550s
~G-Skill Aegis DDR4 (2x4GB)
~Samsung Evo 250GB SSD
~Thermaltake Core V1 Snow

Jan 5, 2019

Used the PSU out of my computer with the cables that were already plugged in from her PSU. No power came at all from my PSU, plugged it back into my computer and it works just fine.

Jan 5, 2019

Nothing changes when this is done, problem still remains.

Jan 5, 2019

Removed the stock Ryzen cooler aaaand the CPU came out with it? The stock thermal paste was like glue and I had to work waaay harder than I should have to remove the CPU from the cooler. There were a few bent pins but im not sure if that was from before or from having it come out even though the latch was holding it down. Removed all the thermal paste and am waiting to get new stuff before testing again. Any recommendations for straightening the pins easily?

USAFRet

Titan

"a few bent pins" ?
On a Ryzen CPU? That's pretty hard to do.

Assuming you had it actually latched in, those 'bent pins' are bent pretty much flat.
Bringing them back to vertical is going to be tough.

We absolutely need a picture of this CPU, please.

Jan 5, 2019

There were only 3 pins that were actually bent, they definitely weren't anywhere near straight