[SOLVED] Building a computer help?

UKTone

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2015
Been a while since i built a pc, i'm going with mainly this build one of the exceptions include a 4070 ti.

Things i bought was thermal paste, i have an anti-static watch, what other things should i get? Important and minor things that most people should know and what are some newrt things ppl don't know?

Any extra advice would be great.

Solution
^ magnetic ones to not have screws falling off and trying to pick it up from cramped spaces. a long neck screw driver would be preferable.

I would suggest you to make not of your RGB headers and power header before hand and identify which ones you want to group together and how you want to control them before hand.

Also look at the mobo pcie lane split and install the ssd and gpu in separate lanes.

Pro tip here for easy cable management and ease of work? connect the tiny header wires like the front panel ones and power connections and route it to the back for a neat look.

cable ties and velcro straps. coloured velcro straps if you to identify them easier in the mess at the back for future works...

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
my best advice is to use the motherboard manual as your guide.

start at p1 and go to the end page by page. if you have the item it is talking about on that page, then install it as instructed. if not, then skip to the next page. this way you don't miss anything or hook it up wrong. when you hit the end of the manual, you have a built pc :)

most everything only fits in one place and in only one way, so it is rather hard to mess it up really.

Reactions: UKTone

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
a small phillips screw driver for the various screws, but otherwise nothing special is needed.

what should take the longest is running the cables here and there. you always end up redoing it at least a couple times as you get further in. that's assuming you want every cable tucked away as much as possible.

^ magnetic ones to not have screws falling off and trying to pick it up from cramped spaces. a long neck screw driver would be preferable.

I would suggest you to make not of your RGB headers and power header before hand and identify which ones you want to group together and how you want to control them before hand.

Also look at the mobo pcie lane split and install the ssd and gpu in separate lanes.

Pro tip here for easy cable management and ease of work? connect the tiny header wires like the front panel ones and power connections and route it to the back for a neat look.

cable ties and velcro straps. coloured velcro straps if you to identify them easier in the mess at the back for future works...

Solution