Building A Computer

sbaby253

Reputable
Jul 22, 2014
I want to build a new computer. My tower is like a printer. I like asus motherboards. I'm piece milling it together but i want hdmi/tv tuner card wifi network 3.0 usb.I'm a gamer i have a budget of about a thousand. Can you suggest somethings so i can start the build. thanks.

Solution
you will find a lot of advice - and many people who will spec out something for you with PCPARTPICKER.com.

My first bit of advice is to get a qualtiy power supply - do the research. If you plan on SLI/crossfire - you will likely need something about 700W - otherwise most systems will be fine in the 550W range.

There was a recent article on TOMS about the manufacturers of PSUs with a very helpful chart of data. Look into it and make a solid choice.

avarice

Distinguished
May 10, 2006
you will find a lot of advice - and many people who will spec out something for you with PCPARTPICKER.com.

My first bit of advice is to get a qualtiy power supply - do the research. If you plan on SLI/crossfire - you will likely need something about 700W - otherwise most systems will be fine in the 550W range.

There was a recent article on TOMS about the manufacturers of PSUs with a very helpful chart of data. Look into it and make a solid choice.

Solution