Building a gaming computer?

Solution
as far as compatiblity, yes it will all work. pretty similar to my rig, but i went 770 4gb SLI at $330x2, more performance for the same price... but obviously i can't upgrade as easily in the future.

few notes... the z97 chipset just came out... and you can get an MSI or ASUS board with the same specs for the same price. You might as well do that to be more future proof.

I prefer the cooler master 120xl cooler, it's on sale with rebate on newegg... and performs about teh same. I just like their mounting setup better.

that power supply is overkill for a single 780ti... if you think you might go SLI in the future, then it's appropriate.

speakers: would you prefer 5.1? newegg has the Refurbished: Logitech Z506 75 watts 5.1 Surround...
That's a beast you are building. There are some things you could do to cut corners on the price, but if you have the funds, stay as is. I'm talking about the cpu and ram. From a strictly gaming standpoint, an i5 and 8Gb ram is typically what is recommended. That's for today's games. If you do have the funds, leave as is.

Your power supply. Are you getting 1000W in case you decide to SLI in the future? That's overkill for a single graphics card.

Great choices though. That'll make a nice system.

lowriderflow

Distinguished
as far as compatiblity, yes it will all work. pretty similar to my rig, but i went 770 4gb SLI at $330x2, more performance for the same price... but obviously i can't upgrade as easily in the future.

few notes... the z97 chipset just came out... and you can get an MSI or ASUS board with the same specs for the same price. You might as well do that to be more future proof.

I prefer the cooler master 120xl cooler, it's on sale with rebate on newegg... and performs about teh same. I just like their mounting setup better.

that power supply is overkill for a single 780ti... if you think you might go SLI in the future, then it's appropriate.

speakers: would you prefer 5.1? newegg has the Refurbished: Logitech Z506 75 watts 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers for $45 right now... it's a great enty level 5.1 setup

The thermaltake level 10 GT is on sale for $150 right now as well on newegg... it's an amazing case... i think its worth the extra $40... but it's also a full size tower, which some dont have room for.

just my 2cents

Solution