Building A Gaming Pc (Please Help Me)

Zenorie

Honorable
Oct 1, 2013
hi I have a few questions I need answered about building a completely new gaming pc

1. what motherboard do you recommend I know it has to be lga 1155 motherboard and it has to be atx and that's about it if you can give me a exact name for one that would be awesome

2. as you can tell this is going to be a very high end rig and I need to know what processor I should be getting im thinking a i5 4670k iv been told it is very very good processor if you could confermthat, that would be awesome

3. and do you think air cooling should suffice in this case or should I go with water cooling? and please specify your answer with what ill need Thanks

4. do you think that these parts are compatible and if you think there is anything I should switch out please et me know

PSU: Corsair HX-1050 1050W Professional Power Supply
SSD:Samsung 840 EVO 256 SSD
Ram: 16GB Vengence DDR3 (2X8)
Hardrive: Seagate 3tb
Processor: Intel i5 4670k
Motherboard: Asus Z87-PRO ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
GPU:AMD Radeon HD 7990
Screen: benq xl2411t $399.00
Mouse: Saitek Cyborg MMO 7 Gaming Mouse
IOS: Windows 8 - 129.00
Mousepad: QCK Steel Series +/Heavy
Headphones: Astro-a50
Keyboard: Corsair Vengence K95

Solution
1) The motherboard is good one. You can look for more LGA 1150 Motherboards from other manufacturers like gigabyte, MSI, ASRock, etc. But this is more than enough.

2) Choosing the i5-4670K was a best choice. If you are gaming the sweet spot is i5-4670K.

3) If you intend to overclock the cpu, then it is important to get an aftermarket cooler. But if you donot think of overclocking, your stock cooler is enough. But if you are overclocking, i would suggest you water cooling like the corsair H80 or H100i.

4) All the parts are compatible, and there is no problem.

But if you are interested to only play games, then 16GB of RAM is not needed, get 8GB kit of 1866MHz or 1600MHz. It is more than enough for gaming and normal stuffs, as even...

Zenorie

Honorable
Oct 1, 2013
I think I might have found a motherboard
ASUS LGA 1155 Motherboard P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
does it suit the rest of my system??
is it compatible with my system
is there a better option

Jenish J

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2013
1) The motherboard is good one. You can look for more LGA 1150 Motherboards from other manufacturers like gigabyte, MSI, ASRock, etc. But this is more than enough.

2) Choosing the i5-4670K was a best choice. If you are gaming the sweet spot is i5-4670K.

3) If you intend to overclock the cpu, then it is important to get an aftermarket cooler. But if you donot think of overclocking, your stock cooler is enough. But if you are overclocking, i would suggest you water cooling like the corsair H80 or H100i.

4) All the parts are compatible, and there is no problem.

But if you are interested to only play games, then 16GB of RAM is not needed, get 8GB kit of 1866MHz or 1600MHz. It is more than enough for gaming and normal stuffs, as even the modern games do not takeup more than 8GB of RAM.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS