[SOLVED] Building a Gaming rig in 2020. Help Req

Nov 30, 2020
Hi all

Im looking to build myself a new gaming PC to upgrade myself to the current high level graphics of some of the newer games coming out.

I build my first PC back in 2013 or 14, It was fairly high end for the time but with all the newer components coming out since then, with 10th gen intel Cpu and 30 series nvidia GPU etc, the old girl is having a few issues running newer games at max like it used to.

I havent really kept myself up to date on whats hot and whats not for a gaming PC lately.

My question is, are there any recommendations as to what to put in to a build these days? Both mid tier and higher

Im more of a fan of Nvidia graphics and Intel over AMD, even though from what i understand, Ryzen cpu are currently dominating.

Thankyou in advance :>

Solution
Unfortunately this is a crappy time to be building a system. The best, most recent high end components are practically impossible to find unless you are willing to pay the scum of the earth scalpers more than double the price.
I myself have a pile of parts that have been waiting weeks already for me to be able to get my hands on the Ryzen 9 5950x, AMD RX 6800xt and the Asus Dark Hero MOBO. All of which are out of stock and no telling when they will be back in stock.
Sadly all the recent tech launches have been ruined by scalpers who have been using bots to buy up all the supply within the first minute of availability. For example I woke up early the day the AMD GPUs came out and was waiting with my finger on the refresh button and...
Nov 30, 2020
Budget about 4k

I have a good PSU and harddrives, SSD and cables are all still good as they are recent upgrades to my old PC. More looking for a good GPU, CPU, and a Mobo combo.

Im playing on a Acer Predator x34 so 3440 x 1440. I was looking to swap it out for a smaller maybe 4k hvent really decided, but i do enjoy this monitor still.

Twistfaria

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2016
Unfortunately this is a crappy time to be building a system. The best, most recent high end components are practically impossible to find unless you are willing to pay the scum of the earth scalpers more than double the price.
I myself have a pile of parts that have been waiting weeks already for me to be able to get my hands on the Ryzen 9 5950x, AMD RX 6800xt and the Asus Dark Hero MOBO. All of which are out of stock and no telling when they will be back in stock.
Sadly all the recent tech launches have been ruined by scalpers who have been using bots to buy up all the supply within the first minute of availability. For example I woke up early the day the AMD GPUs came out and was waiting with my finger on the refresh button and when the items finally appeared they were already sold out. So your options are to wait for parts, buy last gen parts or pay scalper prices.

Solution
Nov 30, 2020
Ah thats a shame. SOunds like the ps5 launch all over again.

I managed to get a great mobo, and went with an i9 10850k and a ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-A Gaming LGA 1200 ATX Motherboard.
White build so this mobo wil really fit in well.

they were on sale for cyber week, and the cpu costed the same as a 10700k. so i figured why not.

As for GPU, yea im not willing to go ham and get a 3090, theres some stock available in some places here in Australia. As for 3080, its going to be a while i think :\