[SOLVED] Building a gaming setup for 1440p @ 60Hz

danilovrb47

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013
Hey guys,
I wan't to build a new PC rig for gaming and and I'm totally rusty on what's been going on in computer hardware world in the last couple of years. Last configuration I had was when FX-6300 was the CPU to have :).

I already have couple of components which I'd like to reuse:
  1. Coole Master B500 PSU
  2. MS Black Widow Case
  3. SSD and HDD that are perfect for my needs.

So, I'd appreciate any recommendation for CPU, MB, GPU and RAM.

Solution
Hey guys,
I wan't to build a new PC rig for gaming and and I'm totally rusty on what's been going on in computer hardware world in the last couple of years. Last configuration I had was when FX-6300 was the CPU to have :).

1. Coole Master B500 PSU
  2. MS Black Widow Case

I have a smilar setup as @KeBjg described.
B350 Prime plus
Vega 56 (Asus strix)
Ryzen 5 2600
16GB 3200 MHz CL16 RAM

Can run almost every game stable at 2k 60fps. Personally prefer 1080 with higher refresh rates, though.

Having said this, I don't recommend opting for the vega...
Oct 18, 2019
Whats your buget, personally think a 1660ti or vega 56 would be perfect for that res, vega is cheaper for similar/better performance but is getting on a bit in age. For a cpu I would go for a ryzen 5 2nd gen, whichever one is in budget, and the cheapest compatable overclockable motherboard (B-350 chipset). Look on pcpartpicker and find some cheap 16gb ddr4 at around 3000mhz. As for cooling stock is good but maybe an aftermarket cryorig is always a solid choice for overclocking

Oct 17, 2019
Hey guys,

1. Coole Master B500 PSU
  2. MS Black Widow Case

B350 Prime plus
Vega 56 (Asus strix)
Ryzen 5 2600
16GB 3200 MHz CL16 RAM

Can run almost every game stable at 2k 60fps. Personally prefer 1080 with higher refresh rates, though.

Having said this, I don't recommend opting for the vega here, unless you plan on upgrading that PSU. Vega is VERY power hungry and I'm personally rocking a 720W PSU. Would recommend at LEAST 600W.

Solution

danilovrb47

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013
95000Hey guys, thanks for replies. I really appreciate it.

Whats your buget, personally think a 1660ti or vega 56 would be perfect for that res, vega is cheaper for similar/better performance but is getting on a bit in age. For a cpu I would go for a ryzen 5 2nd gen, whichever one is in budget, and the cheapest compatable overclockable motherboard (B-350 chipset). Look on pcpartpicker and find some cheap 16gb ddr4 at around 3000mhz. As for cooling stock is good but maybe an aftermarket cryorig is always a solid choice for overclocking
I don't have a strict budget, but the idea is get something good and solid, and not spend thousand euros on it.

B350 Prime plus
Vega 56 (Asus strix)
Ryzen 5 2600
16GB 3200 MHz CL16 RAM

Having said this, I don't recommend opting for the vega here, unless you plan on upgrading that PSU. Vega is VERY power hungry and I'm personally rocking a 720W PSU. Would recommend at LEAST 600W.
Thanks for the specs, man.

After some researching, I think I'll go with the RTX 2060, Ryzen 5 3600x, and B450M-PRO.