Building a Mac Pro inside a Trash Can myself?

TheDisarmed

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013
Hi :wahoo:
I want to build a "budget" SMALL LAN PC, that can run LoL, at around high. As well as BF4 at around medium.. But i am not building a normal M-ITX PC. I saw some german guy online that builded a PC inside a trash can, that looked like the new Mac Pro 2013!
And now i wanna do that too :D (Link to his pictures, THAT I DONT OWN: http://goo.gl/dSj76z)
My dad got acces to metal, tools and etc, so i got all the stuff, that is needed :D

Im planning, to take pictures of every step, so i can help others too! The original owner of this idea didn't show how he did :(
But i'm going to build it as close to as he did!

As parts goes, i'm thinking about going with these:

MoBo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XN-WIFI. Why? It was cheap, It has Socket-FM2+, and looked good :p

Processor (/GPU): AMD A10-7850K Black Edition. Why? I want a APU, until i get a extra graphics card.. I got a GTX 660 in my current PC, and im planning to get the new graphics cards at summer for my big PC, and then putting the GTX 660 inside this build, with a x16 PCIe riser, IF I CAN! :D

PSU: Corsair CX 600M. Why? Im going for the Modular, becuase i want the PSU to be external. HOW? Let it stand next to the PC / Trash can.. And then run the cables in from behind, into the trash can. IS THIS POSSIBLE?
( Why 600W? I will maybe add a Asus M-ITX 760, when i get more money :D, or the GTX 660 from my other PC... Just want to be safe.. It's only 20$ more, for the 600W, instead of 500W )

"CASE": Authentics Lunar Bathroom Bin, 6 Litres
WHY? It got the Mac Pro 2013 look :p

RAM: I just take out the RAM from my current PC, put it in the LAN "Mac" when i'm going to LAN! :)

HDD: Im thinking about getting a Seagate 2.5" or 3.5" HDD. Or maybe a SSD, if i got some more money :D

[strike]Thinking about getting my first Mac OS X machine though, because i heard it was cheaper xD
20$ or so for Snow Leopard. (10.6)
( But do i then need a new keyboard and such? :( )[/strike]

Let me know if i forgot something! And sorry for my broken english! xD :D Im from Denmark! :D

Jackhiy

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
Like Alec Mowat said Mac OSX needs compatible parts, so i would keep it to windows. also Mac is not really meant for gaming since most games for pc are not for Mac OSX, and battlefield 4 is not on Mac

TheDisarmed

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013

Then i go with Win7! :D
Do you have other things to say about the build / project? :)

Trashcans won't have good airflow, so watch your heat and make sure it's not grounded. You might have difficulty mounting the motherboard.

Personally, if I was you, I would try something original. http://technabob.com/blog/2007/12/02/nintendo-nes-pc-spotted-on-ebay/

TheDisarmed

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013

I'm going to mount a fan intake in the buttom and exhaust in the top.. Sounds like good airflow to me :)
What should i mount the MoBo on? Plastic or metal or something else?
At not grounded? I dont understand.. :/

And the NES is AWESOME!
Now i dont know what to build :(
Can i fit a ATX motherboard inside the NES? or do i need to buy a M-ATX or M-ITX?

I think a mini ITX would fit, keeping it cool would be difficult. If you could get a decent APU on a miniITX board with an SSD, you would have a speed little computer right there. It would be fun to bring to a LAN party lol

I may try that out someday soon.

TheDisarmed

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013

But if i'm building a NES PC instead, Can i fit a GTX 660 inside?
And what about cooling / Fans? :(