Building a new build and dont know if motherboard compatibale

Jun 25, 2018
Those are my specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
RAM: G.SKILL TRIDENT Z 3200MHZ 16GB (8x2)
GPU: AFOX GTX 750TI 2GB

So there are two options of motherboards.
Option 1: GIGABYTE GA-AB350M-D3H The problem with this one is that its support my CPU and my RAM speed, but I looked on the Qualifyed Vendors List and my specific RAM brand is not on their list there. And this motherboard supports Windows 7
Option 2: ASUS PRIME B350M-K The problem with this one is that its support my CPU and the SPECIFIC RAM brand and also RAM SPEED but I looked in their support and it says its supports Windows 10, which I dont want.

I will only use Windows 7, and the main thing is option 1 supports win 7 but not my specific ram brand, and option 2 supports my specific ram brand but not win 7, so im kinda lost here :(
BTW I can only purchase those two :)

If you really want to stick with Windows 7, then you might have to run the G.SKILL TRIDENT Z RAM at 3000MHz on the GIGABYTE GA-AB350M-D3H motherboard, it might not run at 3200MHz.
Also, it supports Windows 7 but not on Ryzen GEN2, so you might have to install some drivers manually.
As you may know, Windows 7 is not officially supported with Ryzen, and newer processors (Intel Kaby Lake) by AMD nor Microsoft.

Jun 25, 2018

Ok so eventhough my G SKILL TRIDENT Z isnt in their support list?

Jun 25, 2018

What do you mean by that?

That if the G SKILL TRIDENT Z was able to run at 3200MHz on AMD platform, like it does on Intel platform it may have been listed as compatible with Ryzen motherboards.

I also bought a 3200MHz RAM kit (see signature below) that is not listed on any Ryzen motherboard, but it works just fine at 3000MHz on several Ryzen motherboards. It does work at rated speed on Intel platform.
I am fine with it since I don't see a noticeable difference between 3200 and 3000 MHz RAM.

Jun 25, 2018

Ok I got it, but I can OC it to 3200mhz right? (Lets say im on WIN 10)

Another question, the ASUS Prime B350M-K can support win 7 eventhough it says it supports win10?

You might or might not be able to OC 3200mhz.

The issue with the Windows 7 and Ryzen is the setup process. There are not available USB drivers available so the keyboard and mouse might not work during setup. Hard to navigate the setup menus without the keyboard and mouse.
I have used a PS/2 keyboard to install Windows 7 on Ryzen motherboards. Also make sure to connect USB flash drive to the chipset USB 2 ports.
Using an unattended Windows 7 Install media is the easiest way to get Windows 7 installed on the Ryzen platform ( Intel 100-series chipsets). Just partition the drive properly ahead of installation. Also you could add USB drivers to the unattended media by extracting them from the AMD drivers package.

TRENDING THREADS