Question Building a new gaming PC since 2014! Would love some help/advice

Mayonnaisu

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2014
Hello lovely people.
Althought this will take some time because of all the shortage stuff going on, id love some help what you guys think about this build im planning:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
Motherboard: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 36GB DDR4-3600 CL16
GPU: RTX 3070
PSU: Corsair 750W 80+ Gold (2019). - Heard the 2021 version had some issues.
Case: Fractal Design Meshify 2

Im planning to probably just buy pieces when there are good discounts. Getting a GPU these days will take ages anyways.

Im a big noctua fan, and if im correct the DH-D15S should be compatible with most (maybe all?) RAMs because of increased clearance?
About RAMs, there are so many different ones, i just pick the Trident Z NEO because iirc it had best reviews on pcpackpicker. It seems like there are many around same specs, but a lot lower pricings. Im really confused about what to pick here. Is there a performance difference with for example corsair vengeance or kingston fury beast?
From googling it seemed like the B550 tomahawk was a good pick, but i read some people had issues with updating bios for the 5 5600x? What would you guys suggest?
Then theres the GPU.
Id love to get my hands on the Asus 3070 Noctua edition, if thats not possible i might just go for the Asus 3070 TUF one.
I was thinking a little about a 3070 ti, but it might just get too expensive.
For the GPU, most important for me is noise level/ heat level, id like it to be as low as possible. Running my old R9 290 from 2014, currently make me go crazy when the fan goes up to 70% and reaches over 3500rpm on regular games (cleaned it re-paste etc everything a few months ago and it did drop some C's but still... T_T).

I wont be doing any overclocking. Its pretty much for gaming/programming etc.
Budget would be around 2k. If possible, not over 2.5k
Id love any advice from you guys about the parts, what could work better/more compatbile for example.

Thanks!

Last edited:

mancsoulja

Distinguished
May 22, 2012
You won't regret using a Fractal case, Using the Meshfy C here and love it. Rest of your rig looks solid, can't go wrong with the Z neo, I went with Corsair RAM because i'm using their LL fans ans AIO and it lets me control all the RGB in one software.

Good look finding a 3070. :D

Mayonnaisu

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2014
You won't regret using a Fractal case, Using the Meshfy C here and love it. Rest of your rig looks solid, can't go wrong with the Z neo, I went with Corsair RAM because i'm using their LL fans ans AIO and it lets me control all the RGB in one software.

Good look finding a 3070. :D
Yeah my current is the old define r4, really been good! :)
The motherboard is good to go as well? Seen a few different B550 types.
Haha thanks, finding a 3070 will be a big challenge

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS